Storage Auctions

Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter 2012, Episode Reviews

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter 2012, Episode Reviews
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »
The Young and the Restless (episode 74), Tuesday, December 4, 2012…Murietta, CA

I don’t want to ruin the shows for anyone who hasn’t watched them yet, so I will try to avoid spoilers.

Barry arrives in a limo. Jeff  (from I think just one appearance before) shows up and immediately is confronted by Dan Dotson. Mark (from past shows) comes back. I think the appearance of both of these guys is programmed for effect….keep the spirits flowing in viewers.

First locker has quality stuff…goes to Barry for $2,200.

Second locker has bulk….top to bottom….recklessness prevails ! Goes to Jarrord for $1,900.

Third locker has a bed frame and mattress…what a surprise. Mark likes the mystery corner boxes. Dan finally starts taking bids from Jeff. Jeff gets it for $2,700.

Barry says of his locker…”Even though it’s summer I think it’s time to open some Christmas gifts.” He gets some Lennox and knights in armor knick-knacks.

Jarrod’s locker … he thinks he overpaid. Brandi finds a fold-up bike with a heavy frame and it’s electric (YikeBike)…big wheel in front, small in back…I’ve never seen one of those, let alone in a locker. Pool table, weight machine.

Jeff’s locker has a mirror…$49 bucks he says. Straight razors made in Denmark. Barber pole there, but his talley only has him at $1,100 on the $2,700 purchase.

Final talley by the producers: Jarron/Brandi…$5,600, Barry, $3,700, Jeff, -$700.  In the last show the regulars all lost money.

So, the series continues in the same old vein with a yuk here and there and a bit of fever to  keep us coming back for more.

Straight into Compton (Episode 77), December 4, 2012….Compton, CA

I don’t want to ruin the shows for anyone who hasn’t watched them yet, so I will try to avoid spoilers.

Brandi wears an orange dress that is a bit revealing….most of the women in my area wear clothes they can work in.

First locker has two-level red toolbox, construction stuff. Darryl says drawers are empty.
Lkr sells for $3,500 to Barry….no senior discount.

Second locker has fridge, baseball pitcher, whole house. Lkr sells for $1,400 to Jarrod who again ticks off the wife. Attack dog protective gear….oh yeah!

Third locker … Dave likes it. Red bar stools. Darryl likes it too. Dave gets it for $825…says he would have gone to $2k.

Rest of show is dedicated to the “reveals”.

Barry gets… flame decorated creeper, antique gps system !
Dave gets… a super industrial food machine.
Jarrod/Brandi get… the attack dog suit….he can use it to fend off Brandi!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter 2012, Episode Reviews
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
God I hope newbies don't think they should bid that high for units around here! Newbs have been losing their shirts around here bidding only half that high on units!

Then again, you got to have at least two idiots bidding for units to go that high!  :D

Reminds me of early 2011 when we were bidding on a unit and it was going nice and easy $100, $200, $300; then a newbie yells out $2,000!!!  :-[  Needless to say, that newb is no longer a regular storage unit auction buyer.  ::)

Just wanted to try some of the new emoticons  >:(

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »

Just wanted to try some of the new emoticons

Please, don't encourage the keeper of the emoticons ! Smile !  Wink !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
Jurassic Bark  (Episode 75), Tuesday, December 11, 2012….Mission Hills, CA

Started watching this about 10 minutes late, but doubt I missed much. This is the first new episode after the news today that Dave Hester is suing the show/producers/network for being fake ! Of course it was taped months ago.

Ok, here we go. Looks like likeable Barry got a locker with a cast-iron dog or two;  Dave is still with us at this point and he’s on his way to a different city…Inglewood. A 5 x 10 comes up and Dave goes for it….blows the two “tank top” guys away at $500, coming in at the last minute.

Back in Mission Hills, J & B paid $700 for …. Crap guitar, some fossils (not much IMO) a black, skull, animal head of some kind. Jewelry box…REAL Pearls ?  Brandy shows no cleavage tonight (or any tramp stamps).

Dave looks at his $500 unit and says he needs $500 profit to pay for his workers to come all the way to get it from his home base. He values the whole lkr at over $1,100 after finding “ a nice little luggage bag” with martial arts gear in it. Can you say “salted plant” from the producers?

Barry’s cast iron dogs are door stops…expert say the value is….$1,400.
Dave’s martial arts stuff….$200.  It was cheap stuff…new, not old.
J & B’s dino stuff…$300 including the art piece which wasn’t a real skull.

Producers gave high ranges for all three profits…so what else is new?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
A Tale of Two Jackets (Episode 76), Tuesday December 11, 2012…Hollywood, CA

Back in Hollyweird and the episode looks to be living up to that name. Nabilla is back. Barry shows up with “bikers” for backup. Brandy wants excitement and she’s going to get it according to a preview.

First lkr is a 10 x 10 with some clothes hanging in the back…Barry likes it. Darrell sees a mystery case. Who gets it?  Barry is suckered in by Dave…and B gets it for $875.

Second lkr is a 5 x 10 with a couple of monitors showing and an aluminum camera type case…could be full of crap too.  Nabila’s in at $500. Plenty of cleavage from her…she goes where Brandy won’t and that includes a bid of $2,300.  Darrell grabs it at $2,400 for a 5 x 10 with not much showing.

Gotta be a loser. He says he can get $200 for the old blue Mac. In my area they sell for $25. Camera case is empty…says he can get $30…in my area they are about $10 as they sell new at Harbor Freight for $30 or less. “Ice Cream” shoes..that’s a new one for me.
Some old payroll printer…or something. His value for the whole locker is…$2,900 plus whatever the old payroll item is.

Third lkr is a 10 x 15…dining room sets, etc. B & J think they would go up to $1K.
Starts at $1k by a regular person.  The couple gets it for $6800 after going against Darrell. Good grief ….that’s a lot to sell before the profit kicks in.

Barry….paid $875…values it all at $25.00.  The black mystery box was a little stove.
B & J…Brandy says “there’s a body in there!”  No doubt it’s a mannequin or something…we’ll know more after the commercials!  OK, I won’t spoil the body part for you. They rack up the values…it ends up at $9,850 so they might make $3K profit.

Darrell’s payroll machine is a vintage, antique, German made, CALCULATOR. Value according to the expert…$300/350.

Barry pays J & B $800 for some old Halloween lanterns and a box. Box value..$700. Halloween stuff….$$500…for a total of $1200…if you believe it.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
Tustin, Bee Have A Problem (episode 73), Tuesday, December 18, 2012…Tustin, CA

Dave’s still here…for the previously taped episodes anyway !

Barry has a new helper…wants the fellow to do the bidding today.

Jeff….been on before…is back.   B & J…strategy?

First lkr is 10 x 17 with NOTHING showing but boxes. Dave says could be crap …. Ya think ?  But in the SW world it’s bound to be good. Goes for $3,400 to Dave.

Second locker 5 x 7. Dave says it has potential…my view…it’s crap. Goes for $1,700 to Dave who says “I’ve got plenty of money.” Oh, really, Dave. Why sue ?

Third locker ….Jeff says it’s intriguing…Dave says there’s not much here. Goes for $5 to Jeff.

Dave starts opeing his “box” locker. He estimates a total of 100 boxes at $100 a box….$10,000. It was contents of a model home (staging items). He spreads it down 100 feet of hallway…only on TV could you get away with that.

Jeff...$5 lkr...estimates $200 value … then discovers…(the salted item) ….drawer pulls…and they’re NOT from Wal-Mart.

Dave takes his “bee stuff” to a bee-keeper. He got a bee-keeper starter’s set and a bee-keeper suit. Value of this stuff…I would guess maybe $400 to $500…let’s see what they say. They say $750 to $800 (retail).

Now on to the next episode in the lives of our favorite storage warriors.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
Portrait of the Gambler (episode 78), Tuesday, December 18, 2012…Montebello, CA

Twenty units for sale !  Darrell says he made $18K here last time. Barry arrives in his black Batmobile…he might wear a blindfold to bid this time.

First lkr…Dave gets it for $2,850.

Second lkr…Barry gets it blindfolded for $1,750.

Third lkr…they all like it. It goes for $3,600 to the tank topper.

Dave’s $2,850 lkr…he values at ….$1,300 for the smalls. Gets a Roy Rogers lunch box WITH  the Thermos !

Barry’s $1,750 lkr…Blue Box with a Champion Candy Crimper…probably worth a fortune. Looks to me like he’ll lose $1 K+ on the lkr.

Darrel likes the WW1 helmet in his $3,600 lkr.  Two Star Wars carriers with figures..he estimates they will be worth $1,500 EACH.  Talk about over-valuing. Frank Guiterrez artwork….never heard of him. Looks to be 100 paintings.

Dave’s Roy Rogers lunch box and hat…expert estimates….$300 plus. Expert from the “Autry National Center” Museum of the American West. Gene Autry would be proud !

Barry’s candy machine…estimated at $300.

Turns out that Darrell’s stuff is REAL…valued at $300,000 ! 

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »
$1,500 for each Darth Vader case full of loose figures with no weapons and accessories? HAHAH!!

Those cases are worth about $5 each and those figures, all common without weapons/accessories are worth $3-$5 each and are not an easy sell at even that. I had 6 of those cases at one time and sold them at a yard sale for $2.00 each.

Vintage Toys is what I deal in. It burns me to see this idiot talk such bull****.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
We had a bee keepers starter kit come up at the auction house for bid. Nobody wanted the opening bid of $250, so they put all the boxes (hives) back and auctioned the suit by itself. I think the suit brought $40 or $50.

xx
Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter, 2012 Schedule

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 04:54:36 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Storage Wars New York Season 1...January, 2013....Reviews

Started by MovieMan

29 Replies
Last post January 16, 2013, 12:49:30 PM
by Cobia
xx
Storage Wars...Winter, 2012 Adventures !

Started by MovieMan

35 Replies
Last post March 01, 2012, 09:52:05 AM
by bwd111
xx
Storage Wars Texas, Season 3, August, 2012

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 03:09:46 PM
by bwd111