Storage Auctions

Storage Wars Texas....Season 2

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Wars Texas....Season 2
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
Yeehaw (or is that Ha, Ha ?)....

...anyway the  Texas chuckles begin Tuesday, March 6, 2012 and yes MO is still on the show.  :D

In the promo the non-Texan is already using "unbelievable" to describe a find...as before, I actually believe him....it IS unbelievable !

Re: Storage Wars Texas....Season 2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »
Dang - I was hoping the crowds would start to die down after people spent the tax money and the shows were done for a bit.  They just keep coming.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »
Great!!

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WHAT A WASTE OF 30MIN

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »
WHAT A WASTE OF 30MIN

Well, since you're in broadcasting you know it's really only about 20 to 22 minutes of content and the other 8 to 10 is advertising; in this case we would have to say the commericals are more entertaining than the show.

So, maybe 66% to 75% wasted time if we give the commercials any credit at all.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »
I really hope Moe is the downfall of that show, most annoying thing about SWT, followed closely by Lesa.

Offline ronin

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:07:13 AM »
season 2 will most likely be the last one. you don't even see reruns of the show. no one is watching it. they really should recast all the buyers.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
season 2 will most likely be the last one. you don't even see reruns of the show. no one is watching it. they really should recast all the buyers.

It is not going anywhere. They are getting almost as much as storage wars.  It will not be long and there will be a storagae wars New York.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
The Texicans are back....details after the show.

Well, it’s March 6, 2012 and the Texas crew is back at it.

“You’d have to be a moron to buy this one.” Says the blonde. Well, go to it girl…you qualify !

Nope, Moe gets it.  Later he finds….a brass gizmo…a train whistle. I would guess it’s worth maybe $75…expert says….$500. I’ll look them up on eBay and report back here.

eBay completed:

Big Bubba gets it…mystery boxes. Avon bottles, McDonald Beanies (yikes !) dolls at an estimated $20 each (I get $3 if I’m lucky unless it’s an American Girl), Tesla item.  They drive 6 HOURS to have an expert look at it. (what idiots).

Next one “bring it” Lesa grabs it for $1450. Lots of totes off a center aisle. She says a garden hose holder will bring $25 I might bet $8. The surprise item (for the “newbies’ “ delight is in a box labeled “stand up”….it’s a…surprisingly ugly piece with two people riding horses (like a merry-go-round action). She calls it a mechanical cowboy. I couldn’t sell it for $20….expert says …..$8,500 for mid-50  Berringer advertising display rented to stores. The motif is western and the “animal skin” sign on the front says “Have no fear one of our beautiful diamonds will win her.”  Let’s see if eBay has one.  

Victor (the non-Texan) goes home empty handed.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »
Now for new episode #2...

Auctioneer borrows the Dan Dotson “Are you ready to go?” (how original can you get?)

First one goes to…..Moe the schmo who is wearing a fur coat. Can we say Barry wanna-be?

Second one goes to….Lesa…take me out and shoot me; I can’t take one more “bring it” !

Starts to rain and auction is cancelled….tornado watch…rain drowns the “bring it” girl.

Victor didn’t even get to bid.

Ricky and Bubba drive two hours to a different auction. Bubba still fills 2/3s of my tv screen.

Lesa’s big unit ($1475) has a jewelry box with crap jewelry.  Big find (always is one) is a….wine cabinet with green glasses her partner thinks is dollar store stuff. Later the expert says it’s Uranium glass from the 1920s and worth maybe $100 total. THEN, a set of four …expert says $200.

Moe…worthless TV set (we get them all the time)…so far sees $500 worth of crap. But then he offers Lesa $500 for her wine cabinet.  She takes it.  He thinks he can get a grand for it. Expert later says….teak, circular wine bar worth $3400. Give me a friggin’ break, but does he buy it from Moe…no.

The big boys….find…a leather couch with no cushions (sound familiar ?).  Table…Bubba says it’s Mayan. Yeah, right. The table expert says….grinding mill base…in northwest India (far from the Mayans !). Expert says…50 years old and worth….$350. After gas money…they broke even.

Two more episodes next Tuesday, March 13, 2012.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
The best joke in both episodes is when Lesa asks Jerry if he knows about antiques and he says he knows her....too funny. Did you see the look on Lesa's face when Moe showed her what the teak wine storage was worth. All I can say is, a fool and their money will soon part. Money can fix ugly but it can't fix stupid. It's too bad Moe didn't see the vintage advertising piece before she had it appraised.

So, I had to drive out to Lampassas, TX yesterday because my wife found a puppy she wanted to adopt from the local animal shelter. I was going to go by Ricky Smiths' Lampassas Warehouse to get some photos for you guys but apparently they are only open a few days per month.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
The Texicans are back....details after the show.

Well, it’s March 6, 2012 and the Texas crew is back at it.

“You’d have to be a moron to buy this one.” Says the blonde. Well, go to it girl…you qualify !

Nope, Moe gets it.  Later he finds….a brass gizmo…a train whistle. I would guess it’s worth maybe $75…expert says….$500. I’ll look them up on eBay and report back here.

eBay completed:

Big Bubba gets it…mystery boxes. Avon bottles, McDonald Beanies (yikes !) dolls at an estimated $20 each (I get $3 if I’m lucky unless it’s an American Girl), Tesla item.  They drive 6 HOURS to have an expert look at it. (what idiots).

Next one “bring it” Lesa grabs it for $1450. Lots of totes off a center aisle. She says a garden hose holder will bring $25 I might bet $8. The surprise item (for the “newbies’ “ delight is in a box labeled “stand up”….it’s a…surprisingly ugly piece with two people riding horses (like a merry-go-round action). She calls it a mechanical cowboy. I couldn’t sell it for $20….expert says …..$8,500 for mid-50  Berringer advertising display rented to stores. The motif is western and the “animal skin” sign on the front says “Have no fear one of our beautiful diamonds will win her.”  Let’s see if eBay has one.  

Victor (the non-Texan) goes home empty handed.

The funny part about the 6 hour ride is they made it look like they brought their trailer along with them.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
Tuesday, March 13, 2012....

Two new episodes tonight and I'm not going to review them...or at least that's the plan.

Now if one of the Texicans comes up with another "lookee here what I done found !" I won't be able to resist.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:04:17 AM »
Movie....how can you resist with a title of "Puffy in the Sky with Diamonds"  ;D

We watch Top Shot......I like things that go bang better than sparkly things anyway!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 07:32:58 AM »
Movie....how can you resist with a title of "Puffy in the Sky with Diamonds"  ;D

We watch Top Shot......I like things that go bang better than sparkly things anyway!

Well, the $50K in diamonds was something else. He did say something to the effect that
in doing this biz for 28 years he had never seen anything like that. Maybe if I do it for another 20 years I'll make
a big score like that too. Somehow I think the storage industry hasn't really been in full force that long, but maybe he meant buying and selling in general.

Meanwhile, let the newbies swarm at such offerings.

xx
Win a Storage Wars Texas Season One DVD

Started by StorMe

3 Replies
Last post November 07, 2012, 08:15:46 AM
by Travis
xx
Storage Wars Texas, Season 3, August, 2012

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 03:09:46 PM
by bwd111