Storage Auctions

Storage Wars...Winter, 2012 Adventures !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Wars...Winter, 2012 Adventures !
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:33:14 PM »
Storage Wars (THE ORIGINAL !)  Tuesday, Jan 3, 2012

Santa Ana, California….

Brandi goes on her own…the vultures are circling.

Big D gets one for $3,500 plus. Details later.

Meanwhile Jarrod is knocking down a wall in their store for expansion to the empty store next door.

Hester bids against Darrel and big D bids him up and “dumps” it on him.

Next one has a SAFE ! (OMG)…..

Bidding is fast and furious among the 4….who gets it?  Brandi…otherwise her beau would kill her !

Reveals:

Hester looks at his …. Whoa (he says)….Pachinko machines…and he counts everything up and of course they’re all PRIMO ! Admits he may not break even.

Darrel looks at his $3K plus lkr….scooters, wrought iron patio set, Makita rotary hammer, grinder, tool box (with $250 in tools inside..Harbor Freight ?).  Lawn mower, Coca-Cola (probably worth at least $10K…or for you and me maybe $100 if we’re lucky). Commerical break and when we come back ?   …. Commercial upholstery sewing machine…(I sold one for about $350 once..he thinks $1500).

Darrel’s Coke stuff…valued at …. Incredible prices per bottle.

Brandi’s: Safe contains:  NADA ! (and they destroyed the safe)…lkr cost $2600 and valued at ??? (undetermined, but maybe not break even…maybe a loss.)

On to show #2 for tonight.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars...Winter, 2012 Adventures !
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
2nd episode...Jan 3, 2012.

Boxes in Hollywood….probably rare movie memorabilia…and I’m not there.
Some kid outbids Barry for a minute. Kid still in at $1800…Barry get it for $2K.

More boxes in second “vault” type container. Full of books.
Dave likes it. Dave gets it…$900. “gold or mold”

Barry goes back to his $2k….Starts throwing stuff out as he always done. Bowl of hair.
Whoa (and a commercial, and…) old top hat for appraisal.

Darrel likes it (last lkr of day)..Jarrod doesn’t like it but bids anyway “A buck maybe … but no dough”. Jarrod gets it…Brandi throws something at him.

Dave’s book lkr…$200 value in first 3 boxes ! Total value? … $9,000 he says in what he walks by with half the unit left…now it’s up to $15K. I thought this guy was smart.

Jarrod’s lkr….broken tools, whoa (the key word meaning some real treasure is coming after the commercial)…1915 license plates (thank you producers). Rest is dump run..thanks for the realism.

Barry's old beaver hat 1878...value...$450 (from a $2000 dollar lkr).

License plates...worth ... $275..out of a $1250 lkr. Call it a loss and move on.

SHIPPING WARS next week is looking better all the time.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »
First show tonight, when Jarrod is jumping up and down on the wall he makes a comment...."oh man, I have a drug test this week".  Wonder what that's all about?   LOL!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:45:46 PM »
First show tonight, when Jarrod is jumping up and down on the wall he makes a comment...."oh man, I have a drug test this week".  Wonder what that's all about?   LOL!

I caught that, too. I didn't realize drywall dust showed up on a pee-test.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 06:44:12 AM »
I'm more interested in the moving show then anything.  Watched a little pawn stars last night.  Mostly flipped between weather channel and dumbies on wheels.

Anyways - the coke stuff I would of loved to have.  The prices seemed high on the show for the bottle but the crates were accurate for my area.  Of course we are in GA and thus have many coke collectors.  Prices for coke items like everything else are down.  5 - 10 years ago the prices they were quoting for the bottles I could see.

Saw 4 of those sewing machines in a locker back in Nov.  Locker went for like $1100.  Guess they were watching storage wars to get their values.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »
Thanks for the recap Movie Man.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
I'm more interested in the moving show then anything.  Watched a little pawn stars last night.  Mostly flipped between weather channel and dumbies on wheels.

Anyways - the coke stuff I would of loved to have.  The prices seemed high on the show for the bottle but the crates were accurate for my area.  Of course we are in GA and thus have many coke collectors.  Prices for coke items like everything else are down.  5 - 10 years ago the prices they were quoting for the bottles I could see.

Saw 4 of those sewing machines in a locker back in Nov.  Locker went for like $1100.  Guess they were watching storage wars to get their values.
Me too. Guess we can add the new show to the bank of Picker sisters,and the hog show A&E company made. I give the new show 4 weeks.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
I'll have to remember that it is on and watch it.  Don't watch much TV as I'm always on the computer.  But with a new TV and Blu-Ray in bedroom now I have a place to watch.  Now just have to make a note.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012...

The "barracuda" is back....

Barry rides in on a scooter and sets up free donuts for the crowd....

No Brandi and Jarrod.

First lkr...lot of stuff...quality ? Maybe not.
Dave bids Darrell up...Darrell gets it for $1.9K.

Nabila.....gets the next one for $500 after Dave bid her up a couple of times.

A 5x 10 with hardly anything in it. Barry gets it for $2.50....if all goes as usual it will have a $250 item in a drawer.

Darrel's $1950 lkr has....collectibles, lawn mower...some special bear...worth $1500. That's a lot of beanie babies.
Estimate for value....$3800.

Barry's cheapie...drawer contains...glass containers for catching flies....valued...$1,550 to $2,000. Hell I was only off on my value guess by a factor of 10...I guessed $250 before I knew what was in the drawer.

Nibala....scores an estimated value of $???....with currency and coins all in plastic !  All money worth...about $1900 and she made about $1,200 profit.

Is there a re-run of shipping wars on anywhere?  I enjoyed that more this evening !

Darrel's bear...worth $800.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:47:34 AM »
Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012...

No Brandi and Jarrod.

A 5x 10 with hardly anything in it. Barry gets it for $2.50....if all goes as usual it will have a $250 item in a drawer.

Darrel's $1950 lkr has....collectibles, lawn mower...some special bear...worth $1500. That's a lot of beanie babies.

Barry's cheapie...drawer contains...glass containers for catching flies....valued...$1,550 to $2,000. Hell I was only off on my value guess by a factor of 10...I guessed $250 before I knew what was in the drawer.

Nibala....scores an estimated value of $???....with currency and coins all in plastic !  All money worth...about $1900 and she made about $1,200 profit.

Is there a re-run of shipping wars on anywhere?  I enjoyed that more this evening !

Now I know why the price/bidding on units keeps going up and up in my area. People actually beleive they can drop $500 - $1500 on ANY unit and they are going to DOUBLE their money!

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012...

No Brandi and Jarrod.

I was surprised that barry's unit went for 2.50   I thought there was some good looking shelving in there that would have drove the price higher.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »
On Berry's unit I would of gone $5 just for the shelf.  Could of used it in my shed.

Does anyone remember where Nabila went to get the coins appraised.  I just about fell of the couch when the guy was saying the silver dollars are worth $30 (spot price).  For once instead of over inflating the price that guy was doing a serious undervalue.  Looked like they were slabbed coins from PCGS but need to re-watch the show and look closer.  Was glad she got some counterfits in there also.

The second show really made me go "Are you smoking crack".  Hester wins a unit and starts to sort it.  He has 4 barstool chairs and goes that's another $1000.  I was like - excuse me????  Did I just hear that correct.

I'm with you MovieMan - I found the shipping wars to be more entertaining.  Thought it was interesting in that one you bid "down" to win the job.  Was cool watching them try to move some of that stuff.  Should be interesting.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
Actually most silver dollars made after 1880 are only worth there weight in silver regardless of condition. They where mass produced in quanties way over what was needed due a law requiring so many to be made each year. Many of them actually sat in federal vaults until the 60's when the mint released them, most of them in perfect condition.

There is of course exceptions, like rare dates and anything minted in Carson city (CC mint mark)

But in general, they are only only worth their weight in silver.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
I need to re-watch that episode if can find it online.  However, I think those were Morgans in PCGS slabs and at MS-62 or better condition.  If the slabs were not fake, then those coins no matter the date are worth more then spot value.  Not counting the variaties, error, or key dates.

Just listening to the dealer spot prices it what caught my attention some.  I've been in a few shops where the dealer is lowballing a client really bad.  One store I got kicked out of as I overheard the guy really offering some rock bottom prices to a lady that had her dead husbands collection.  I mean maybe a few cents over face value quotes.  I told the lady this guy was screwing her over and told her where to get a reasonable quote.  Guy told me to get out which I did.  Lady walked out a few mins later.  That place closed 3 months later.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
Tonight, Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 there are two new episodes and the plan tonight is to just watch them
and not summarize or review them unless something just jumps out as being noteworthy !

Now to watch.  ;D

Nabila needs a lesson (after 20 years) in what an old flinklock stock would look like. I could tell it was an imitation afrom 10 feet away on my tv screen, and apparently the words "Hollywood, CA" on the metal work didn't mean anything to here either...what a ninny !

Barry strikes it rich with old art work. You go Barry !

xx
Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter, 2012 Schedule

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 04:54:36 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter 2012, Episode Reviews

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post December 19, 2012, 08:57:48 AM
by Cobia
xx
For those of you in colder climates has the winter slowed you down this winter?

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post March 01, 2014, 08:27:24 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Storage Wars Texas, Season 3, August, 2012

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 03:09:46 PM
by bwd111