Storage Auctions

Storage Wars...Winter, 2012 Adventures !

Re: Storage Wars...Winter, 2012 Adventures !
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »
Theres real prices and Daves prices?

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »
Lol - Dave just kills me.  Was watching the show with my wife.  When that locker opened I was like, hmm 200 - 400 locker depending on crowd in my area.  CA price - 1k.  Before they even started to dig I said - watch him say he'll double / triple his money.  Starts to dig and tosses a bag full of cloths out - $30.  I'm trying very hard not to scream at the tv saying WTF are you talking about.  Not even looked in the bag to see if it's stained, rags, etc. and it's $30.

Heck at Dave's prices I have $360 just sitting under my sort table I've yet to cash in.  Those rocks/minerals I could prob sell for $200 or so in my area.  They are not common here like they are out west.  Only thing we get is the small polished stones from the mountains / tourist areas.

Jarrod and B's tool locker - $400 - $800 here.  That was a nice locker IMO, but not worth 4k.  I think all the tools were craftsman also.  If were snap-on would be worth more.  The cart they had in the unit is the same type that I pulled out of a unit last month.

All that new furniture in Darrell's and Jarrod / Bs unit would sell for about 1/2 retail here.  Still would of been good money.  Just would of been slow to sell.  You would have lots of money tied up in inventory.

As for the SW:Texas promo - saw the ring being appraised for $30k.  I'm just sitting there going oh sure.  They put a $30k ring in a storage locker instead of a saftey deposit box which cost the same as a small unit.

Really wondering how bad Feb is going to be when people get tax money back.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »
Lol - Dave just kills me.  Was watching the show with my wife.  When that locker opened I was like, hmm 200 - 400 locker depending on crowd in my area.  CA price - 1k.  Before they even started to dig I said - watch him say he'll double / triple his money.  Starts to dig and tosses a bag full of cloths out - $30.  I'm trying very hard not to scream at the tv saying WTF are you talking about.  Not even looked in the bag to see if it's stained, rags, etc. and it's $30.

Heck at Dave's prices I have $360 just sitting under my sort table I've yet to cash in.  Those rocks/minerals I could prob sell for $200 or so in my area.  They are not common here like they are out west.  Only thing we get is the small polished stones from the mountains / tourist areas.

Jarrod and B's tool locker - $400 - $800 here.  That was a nice locker IMO, but not worth 4k.  I think all the tools were craftsman also.  If were snap-on would be worth more.  The cart they had in the unit is the same type that I pulled out of a unit last month.

All that new furniture in Darrell's and Jarrod / Bs unit would sell for about 1/2 retail here.  Still would of been good money.  Just would of been slow to sell.  You would have lots of money tied up in inventory.

As for the SW:Texas promo - saw the ring being appraised for $30k.  I'm just sitting there going oh sure.  They put a $30k ring in a storage locker instead of a saftey deposit box which cost the same as a small unit.

Really wondering how bad Feb is going to be when people get tax money back.

Remember though to trust our good friend on here Lance who says they don't plant a thing.

Funny how a 30k(supposed) ring is going to show up around tax season, but it's probably just a a coincidence.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »
Been a month and a few days since the last post here and that's how long it's been since a new episode of SW has appeared.

The waiting is over !

New episode Sunday, March 4th.

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »
Just as I was thinking with no new episodes and most people have blown their tax money prices may start to drop.  Maybe it will be a good thing if I can't hit the auctions up due to this new boss.

I'll have to try and remember to watch it this Sunday.  Think I caught all of them from last season.  Got to the point I couldn't really stand to watch them except when kids wanted me to watch it with them.  If I could get $30 per black trash bag w/o looking even in it I could go on vacation this summer.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
Just as I was thinking with no new episodes and most people have blown their tax money prices may start to drop.  Maybe it will be a good thing if I can't hit the auctions up due to this new boss.

I'll have to try and remember to watch it this Sunday.  Think I caught all of them from last season.  Got to the point I couldn't really stand to watch them except when kids wanted me to watch it with them.  If I could get $30 per black trash bag w/o looking even in it I could go on vacation this summer.
I will be watching the amazing race then catch a rerun or two later. 3rd season its the same old stuff ! The novelty has worn off. They find cloths,tools,cars and house old items.They sell and do it all over again. Guess I could try and watch the show in mute that cuts out all the drama which is what 90% of what the show has become.

xx
Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter, 2012 Schedule

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 04:54:36 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Storage Wars Season 3.....Part 2...Winter 2012, Episode Reviews

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post December 19, 2012, 08:57:48 AM
by Cobia
xx
For those of you in colder climates has the winter slowed you down this winter?

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post March 01, 2014, 08:27:24 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Storage Wars Texas, Season 3, August, 2012

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 03:09:46 PM
by bwd111