Storage Auctions

Poll

Yep, we watch it...who do you like? You can also write comments on who you DON'T like.

Dave
1 (4.3%)
Barry
8 (34.8%)
Darrel
9 (39.1%)
Jarred
2 (8.7%)
None of the above
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Who is your favorite character on Storage Wars ?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Who is your favorite character on Storage Wars ?
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
I know this show is edited for the drama, and the four characters are probably encouraged to maintain a "type". Since I have recognized these "types" in my own area auctions, it certainly is easy to relate to.

Personally, I think Dave is a pest...I mean really...the CONSISTENT bidding up of the other buyers is to the extrme.
I like Barry...he isn't mean spirited at all and has a moderate approach to his buying.
Darrel seems reasonable enough...some of his finds REALLY seem staged by the show producers.
Jarred seems like a regular guy trying to make a living. His wife is not the total shrew she could be, and I have seen couples like this over the years.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Who is your favorite character on Storage Wars ?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »
I hate Dave...lol... his auction call is annoying as hell and he's just kind of a classless, obnoxious jerk. Putting his locks on units he hasn't won, waiving 10k around in people's faces.

I get hoping others run out of money is kind of a strategy but common were all here just trying to make a buck, hard enough as it is why go out or your way to make it harder on others, plus your going to make enemies and wind up paying more for units you like anyway.

Jarred or whatever the guy who's got the wife, he would be my fav if I had to pick one. Think he's kinda dumb but I guess rooting for the underdog.

Have you seen his resale shop? They showed it on one episode just for a second. Shelves were totally bare there was like a doll on a shelf and nothing else.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
Keep the votes coming !

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
 >:(Dave - what an a$$...it make you hope that stack of newspapers were worth squat!!!!!
Barry - kind of a goobery gut.  I think he has too much time and $$$ on his hands to know what to do with...if he wants to send some $$ to me to by lockers for him, that would be great!!!
Darryl - the nice bad a$$ of the group.  I liked the fact he told Jarrod about the safe and didn't try to scam him out of the locker for a fraction of what was paid (like Dave would do) knowing the safe had value.
Jarred and Brandi - I think they are kind of a cute couple, and I believe much smarter than they are leading on to not be...  I think they are dumbing Jarred up some to let Brandi come of as the non-bimbo of the two.

If the 4 I like Jarred/Brandi and Darryl about equal.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »
I'd like to have Dave's money, Barry's car, and Jarrods wife!  LOL.  I like Darrel the best though.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
I'd like to have Dave's money, Barry's car, and Jarrods wife!  LOL.  I like Darrel the best though.

Sounds good to me. Dave doesn't seem too popular !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 04:58:37 AM »
Wow, 10 votes in the first 12 hours of the posting...it's some kind of record....NOT.
With over 900 members in these threads you would think even the new buyers (or wanna-be buyers) would at LEAST have an opinion about a show that got them started down this road.

Maybe RFR needs to offer some more free listings to the next 10 voters who ALSO are able to make a comment in this thread about the show. How about it RFR?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
Wow, jumped by 5 votes from 10 to 15 in 5 days....this is BLISTERING ! (not!)

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:01 PM »
I voted none of the above, my favorite is that smart ass wife Jarrod has.  "Who got the good locker?"   :D

Orlando

Offline TonyT

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 10:57:38 AM »
Barry makes me laugh, plus I love his background music everytime hes on  ;D  But he just seems like he doesn't know what hes doing half the time.

Dave... Well... is Dave. Don't like his approach or ego. I do, however, love hearing him go "YUUUUUUP!"  ;D

Jarred is ok.  Nothing particularly against him,  and his wife is def NOT bad looking... I just think the two of them bidding together hurts them. Not that one is better than the other, but they are different types of bidders and it brings the worst out in them. Jarred will pay more money and gamble a bit, Brandi won't. You can't mix both types.

Darrell is definately my favorite. He knows the business, is the only one that seems to stand up to Dave, and even helps out Jarred on occation. Plus, I love his "Wild Factor" approach, even though 9 times out of 10 your gonna get burned this way in reality.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 11:54:25 AM »

Darrell is definately my favorite. He knows the business, is the only one that seems to stand up to Dave, and even helps out Jarred on occation. Plus, I love his "Wild Factor" approach, even though 9 times out of 10 your gonna get burned this way in reality.

He's "wild" all right, but I think his catch phrase is "wow factor". But then, I could be wrong; it would be the first time though!  ;D

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
He's "wild" all right, but I think his catch phrase is "wow factor". But then, I could be wrong; it would be the first time though!  ;D

Just once I would like to see him find something like a used commode and go "now that's wow factor!".

Orlando

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
I see the "wow" factor in the majority of the lockers.  They open the door and I go "WOW, look at all that CRAP"!

Offline TonyT

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »

I rewatched an episode to check, and you were right. All this time I thought he was saying wild  :D

So don't worry, your streak is intact... for now  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
I see the "wow" factor in the majority of the lockers.  They open the door and I go "WOW, look at all that CRAP"!

THIS (above quote) is the most accurate WOW factor made on any regular basis. The one in 10 (or one in 20 or 1 in 100) WOW  factor is a true rarity with most goods being of the ordinary household type. Sure they make money but that real WOW factor of a  cache of coins, stamps, rare collectibles, guns, high-end electronics, etc, etc is a RARE BIRD. Nope, I haven't found any rare birds, but I have gotten stuffed deer head, squirells, a pheasant !

xx
Who is you favorite character on storage auction reality TV? And why?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post November 17, 2012, 08:58:20 AM
by Leota
xx
What is your favorite storage auction?

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 03:12:14 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Your Favorite Non-Storage Source For Product?

Started by MatchesMalone

16 Replies
Last post January 12, 2012, 09:53:05 PM
by Alias
xx
Your favorite thing?

Started by calcoastgal

16 Replies
Last post August 15, 2013, 07:10:10 PM
by Cobia