Storage Auctions

A TRUE "Mystery" Locker !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
A TRUE "Mystery" Locker !
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »
This one was a 8 wide x 10 deep locker...quite dark inside and my flash wasn't working for some reason, but I went into it with the buyer after he had paid.

The first pic (by flashlight) shows boxes stacked 4 high by 4 wide, so 16 boxes there AND another 16 just behind them...a total of 32 boxes all the same size and packaged in black plastic with tape (see pic 1).

The pic just below shows (badly) the opening of one box, as does pic three.

We only opened one 2 x 2 x 2 box and the contents were 4 NEW blue and white boxes which contained 12 each of an aluminum cylinder badly shown in the two pics above.

There were also about 6 large plastic bags, fairly light weight and with something that felt round (but flat) inside.

I'll post the final revealing pic in the next post down.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: A TRUE "Mystery" Locker !
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
So what were they and how much did he pay?  I've decided to let you guess about the contents and after a few people have posted their guesses I'll come back and have a CLEAR picture of what they are, how much he paid and my evaluation of his purchase.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
Totally guessing...so let's say those round cylinders are new RACKETBALL BALLS... also guessing $390 for the unit

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:09 PM »
Totally guessing...so let's say those round cylinders are new RACKETBALL BALLS... also guessing $390 for the unit

The cylinders would almost hold new racketballs, but they don't. They are 2" x 9". Twelve cylinders to a box, 4 boxes to a case=48 cylinders per case.  32 cases x 48 cylinders = 1,536 cylinders.

Will hold off on what the locker cost until we get some more input from those wishing to play.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
Cases of cans of Red Bull!  :)

He paid $500!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:13:45 AM »
I like Cobia's guess but I think I know what they are.  Will PM you Movieman.

I could see a mystery unit like this going for 400-500 easy in my area.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »
Good guesses from all. Clist I have sent you a response to your private message. You dog you !  ;D

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
Looks like Gillette shaving cream. (Cool Breeze)  I could understand the logic in putting boxes of Gillette in plastic bags....you wouldn't want your shaving cream getting wet.  ::)  Afterall, it is the "Best a Man Can Get!" :D

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »
Sent you one back MM.  More I look at the pictures the more I think I've nailed it on the head.  Now - if my math is right for the 1536 items he can get around $3840 - $4608 (non-ebay price).  May just take some time to move it all.  So unless he paid some outrageous price this is one mystery unit that is going to pay well if can move all the items.

Now - I am interested in knowing what was in the bags.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
There is insufficient information to make a guess. Those cans might be anything from hairspray to silly string.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
There is enough info in the picture.  Was even MORE info in it till Movieman updated the pictures.  Use the first box picture as it's the best.  That and google will put you right on the money so to speak.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
Sent you one back MM.  More I look at the pictures the more I think I've nailed it on the head.  Now - if my math is right for the 1536 items he can get around $3840 - $4608 (non-ebay price).  May just take some time to move it all.  So unless he paid some outrageous price this is one mystery unit that is going to pay well if can move all the items.

Now - I am interested in knowing what was in the bags.

Ah yes, the bags. Contents "round but flat".

All the guessers so far are doing a pretty good job; see my next response to Alloro's note.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
You Bastards! I typed in 2" x 9" cylinders into Google search and now i'm going to get fired!  :-\

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »
There is insufficient information to make a guess. Those cans might be anything from hairspray to silly string.

Well, as more people "guess" (outright or based on "evidence") it might get a little easier, but you're right it could be a lot of things contained in those cylinders.

See my next response to Clist's answer to Alloro !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 02:05:42 PM »
There is enough info in the picture.  Was even MORE info in it till Movieman updated the pictures.  Use the first box picture as it's the best.  That and google will put you right on the money so to speak.

I complimented Clist in our private messages about this thread on his good detective skills. Now I have to tell you all that any clue you might think he has provided in the quote above probably shouldn't be pursued by the rest of you.
He is in possession of a clue he routed out by himself that the rest of you won't have access to.

I won't go into specifics, but he discovered something BEFORE he ever emailed me. The pictures he saw are 99.99% the way they were before he and I talked in the emails. It's just that he used his super Sherlock Holmes approach to discover what the rest of you didn't.

I'll wait a while longer for more guesses to take place and then will email Clist to tell him to go ahead and reveal what he thinks the true answer is. At this point he is the front runner due to an inadvertly "left" clue.

ALSO, even Clist will get a couple of surprises !

xx
Auctioneer goes "postal" when toes enter locker edge !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 03:32:32 PM
by Ironman
xx
Top ten reasons locker "owners" lose their lockers

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 03:35:36 PM
by MovieMan
xx
New winner for "weirdest thing I've ever found in a locker..."

Started by otbg

12 Replies
Last post September 26, 2011, 08:02:05 PM
by Millertime
xx
Would you buy a locker obviously used as a living space by a "homeless" person ?

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2013, 09:53:31 AM
by bwd111