Storage Auctions

Animals in Storage Units

Animals in Storage Units
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/30/unreal-family-pet-survives-30-years-living-in-a-record-player-box-inside-filthy-storage-room/

I read this this morning (storage but not storage unit story)...I was in Noonan, GA last summer and it was a 2 for 1.  The auctioneer threw open the doors and there was a turtle perfectly petrified right in the front.

I did NOT buy the units for various reasons.  My question is...have you ever found something like this and called animal control because of the cruelty aspect of the find?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Animals in Storage Units
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:07:31 AM »
I've never come across an animal in a storage unit, except a rat.

I think the story about the turtle staying alive for 30 years is a tabloid article. 

That's almost as good as "Titanic Survivors Found Onboard - The shocking story of how they stayed alive under water." (The article actually exists...look it up)

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: Animals in Storage Units
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:16:45 AM »
Only come across rats, mice, roaches, ants, spiders, wasps. Some facilities have a bunch of alley cats running around at night.

Got stung by a wasp one time. Another time I got bit by a spider. The side of my face swelled up and I was worried it was a black widow or brown recluse spider bite. Luckily the swelling went down the next day.

Did I mention spider bites as being another fringe benefit of storage auctions!  :)

xx
Does anyone buy storage units here for a living?

Started by Rufus

4 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 12:54:28 PM
by MikeMilez
xx
renting storage units

Started by Austin_Harrison

4 Replies
Last post March 11, 2012, 09:24:19 AM
by rockin the retro
xx
Flipping Storage Units

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 09, 2013, 05:09:18 PM
by tiger6667
xx
THE TWO ITEMS THAT I HATE FROM STORAGE UNITS!!!!!

Started by DamnthisisFun

13 Replies
Last post October 14, 2011, 09:09:58 PM
by jrossjr79