Storage Auctions

Auction Scene #4...April, 2012

Re: Auction Scene #4...April, 2012
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
Busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow morning we have a yardsale and there is also a 28 unit - 3 location auction tomorrow morning in a nearby town(20 minutes). It would be a shame to miss the auctions, but we attended auctions at this site before and never had any luck and weren't impressed with the quality/prices. We hope to get rid of a lot of items at the yardsale so it would be nice to reload inventory at the same time as we are getting rid of it. Maybe we find a way to do both.

What would you guys recommend?

There aren't many auctions the next 2 weeks, so it would be good to stock some inventory for that time period.

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
If you have someone that can keep selling for ya PureVendue I would do that and hit the auction.  Specially if your looking at a 2 week dry spell.  That gives you 2 more weekends to sell stuff.  One thing I hate is running out of inventory or low and not getting anything new.  I have people that look for me now at the flea since they know if I'm out there I'll have a mix of old stuff they have seen and new stuff they have not seen.

Movieman - I'm glad you got a unit.  Sounds like a really good one to me.  Harley stuff sells like mad around my parts.  The knives for me would be hit or miss.  Have a dozen people that sell them at the flea.

Decided to take a long lunch and went over to my buddies store earlier.  Wanted to see how they did yesterday since I didn't get to go.  Crowds at both auctions was around 30.  Only 3 "nice" units all day and they went for high prices.  A few single item / trash style units sold for $10 each.

Will have to wait till next month to buy again for me it looks like.

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
Wow~first time I've had some 'free' time since Don bought that huge locker.  Update~run-down (I resemble that remark)~

We ended up renting a box truck as I didn't want  to move two refrigerators in our small truck/trailer combo.  Put the locker cost at just over $800.
Did about $300 at the flea (from just that unit with an additional $100 or so from other inventory) and sold the nicer fridge for $350 yesterday, so well on the way to being in the black with tons of inventory left.
We haven't even begun to work on the furniture yet as we've been sorting, cleaning and chuckin' other inventory.  There is a hutch with matching dining set, but it's older and a bit rough.  May sell it to one of our fellow auction buyers.  A nice leather chair and some misc pieces.

We still have two fridges (one a dorm size) to 'prep'.  Two gas dryers.  The gas range which we will keep (and repay the auction $$).  It's a very nice stainless steel & black one and mine is a piece o' pooh.

Lots of NFL (mostly Broncos) jerseys, hats and the like.  Listed the jerseys on ebay and took advantage of their fixed price promo.  I've got to bust my butt today listing numerous items on both ebay & craigslist.

There are oodles of cabling equipment.  new in package universal remotes, wire connectors, cable ends (some good $$ there according to ebays completed listings).  I've gone through two boxes and have another 4 to go through.  We've got lots of scrap wire too.  Oh~we've got a 500 ft roll of broadband cable.  Can't find the exact match as far as figuring value~but know it's got to be worth a buck or two.

All in all a profitable unit (at least $600, but maybe double or more, depending on cabling items) but exhausting.  I'm no spring chicken and Don's older than me!  Our last two lockers were big, heavy guys lockers.
Goal for next unit~nice small ladies unit!   ;)

Don will be hitting PS today while I list and organize.  I'll take day one of Cubesmart tomorrow with Don finishing them up on Wednesday.  Busy, busy week ahead!

Oh cripes~forgot the pool table.  3 piece slate Olhausen Champion Pro Series.  Not terribly fancy, but a nice table.  Of course selling that in this economy is gonna be as a big a pain as moving it was~
Complete with two racks, balls, cues, chalk, brushes and the like.

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2012, 08:58:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply craiglstauction! We ended up not attending that auction, so I can't pass along the crowd, prices, or any info on units won. We had a decent day with the yardsale. The biggest positive was our ability to better organize all our inventory and even trash/goodwill some of what we have been holding onto for a little while now.

One item we found in a unit and have been holding onto for a while is an autographed Sergei Fedorov jersey. The jersey has its original tags still on it also. Part of the reason we held onto it was to get it authenticated (which returned as being authentic) but also because we haven't found a serious buyer yet.

Anybody know anything about this market? What should this sell for? Where would you look for a buyer? Anyone interested in the autographed jersey? Being from PA there aren't many people interested in a Detriot Redwings jersey.

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply craiglstauction! We ended up not attending that auction, so I can't pass along the crowd, prices, or any info on units won. We had a decent day with the yardsale. The biggest positive was our ability to better organize all our inventory and even trash/goodwill some of what we have been holding onto for a little while now.

One item we found in a unit and have been holding onto for a while is an autographed Sergei Fedorov jersey. The jersey has its original tags still on it also. Part of the reason we held onto it was to get it authenticated (which returned as being authentic) but also because we haven't found a serious buyer yet.

Anybody know anything about this market? What should this sell for? Where would you look for a buyer? Anyone interested in the autographed jersey? Being from PA there aren't many people interested in a Detriot Redwings jersey.

A few questions, as we've only found a few things to have 'authenticated'. 
What did they charge you to authenticate it?
Did they provide a COA?

Just did a quick search (on ebay) for your jersey and the ones there sold anywhere from $79 to $167.  I didn't check particulars, but simply scanned the completed listings.

Good luck to you~

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
It was $30 to be authenticated and yes they sent us COA in return. Without the authentication the item isn't worth much, but its value increases with that little slip of paper!

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »
Sounds like a great locker Rockin. I think the "man" units always sell quicker and for more money than the lady lockers but I'm with you...my back is not what it once was. Luckily daughter's boyfriend likes to help and he works for lunch! ;)

Good luck with pool table.

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
Three auctions over the weeked......

#1 on Friday - Paid up and CANCELLED!!
#2 on Saturday morn - Paid up and CANCELLED!!
#3 on Saturday afternoon - down to two at auction time - while we were all standing around waiting to start BOTH tenants drove in about 10 minutes apart and paid up! 

Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!  What a brutal way to end the month...... :P :P :P

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
A few questions, as we've only found a few things to have 'authenticated'. 
What did they charge you to authenticate it?
Did they provide a COA?

Keep a sharp eye on eBay - anything with a COA or anything GRADED from a nationally-known company will normally sell for substantionally more - even the "common" cards.  Depending on who it is, you might want to send certain memorabilia out to have this done.  It could surprise you how it will raise the value - and avoid "fakes".  Good Luck!

xx
Auction Scene #4....April, 2014

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post April 27, 2014, 12:31:22 PM
by Alias300
xx
Auction Scene #4...April, 2013

Started by MovieMan

24 Replies
Last post April 29, 2013, 10:31:03 AM
by MovieMan