Storage Auctions

Best thing you personally found in a locker

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Best thing you personally found in a locker
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
Whether it is a favorite piece, or most valuable piece.

My valuable piece:
Vintage Solid wood Oak Desk, absolutely no metal, very good craftsmanship. I got $250 for it. However if I sold it at a flea Market and not a yard sale I could of gotten $500 for it. Even more if I would of refinished the surface. Was worn pretty bad on the top of the desk.

My favorite piece:
An antique vice stamped with a patent of 1905. I dont remember the details about it. But company closed down in the 30's. So the 85lb vice I had to have been made between 1905 and 1930ish. Sad thing was it needed some work to make the vice clamp close, open it had no problem, but would not close. The way that company made them would of cost more to fabricate the replacement piece then what the piece would of been worth. I got $40 for it. If it was all fixed up I could of gotten a little over $100. So I was happy.

Re: Best thing you personally found in a locker
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
Most valuble piece not counting cash.

Probably a tie

1) Complete set of the Warren commission report from the gov printing office in the original boxes one unopened. Shipping address was the state department. Sold for $2125 on ebay.

2) Sterling Sivler tea set weighs 70 ounces.  Have not sold it yet.

Most cherished items.  Real silver dollars I love finding them.  I do not find many maybe 5 in the last year.

Most usefull items, Tools of all kinds I have anything you could ever need.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
Not gonna lie.  So far the best thing I have purchased, that was unseen until I dug through the little 5x5 was a new canon printer still taped in the box.  Sold it for 99 bucks on ebay, but it was a bonus.  Hopefully the bigger better finds will be in the near future.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »
Not gonna lie.  So far the best thing I have purchased, that was unseen until I dug through the little 5x5 was a new canon printer still taped in the box.  Sold it for 99 bucks on ebay, but it was a bonus.  Hopefully the bigger better finds will be in the near future.

It all takes time, could be your very next locker, could be 10 years from now.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »
Year 2000, Honda Quad (4 x 4) (sold)
Guns, gold (kept some, sold some) sold all gold
Big Screen TV I kept

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »
Most valuable: Broken Gold Necklace I found in an office desk drawer that I sold for $500 back when gold was ONLY $900 an ounce. Almost new Knaack Gang box that I sold for $475.

Favorite: Surround sound amplifier for an Ipod/mp3 player that I kept. It was about $250 new at the store and I would have never bought one but I use it all the time. Mosin Sagant WWII Sniper Rifle.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »
Most valuable: Broken Gold Necklace I found in an office desk drawer that I sold for $500 back when gold was ONLY $900 an ounce. Almost new Knaack Gang box that I sold for $475.

Favorite: Surround sound amplifier for an Ipod/mp3 player that I kept. It was about $250 new at the store and I would have never bought one but I use it all the time. Mosin Sagant WWII Sniper Rifle.

You found a Mosin Nagant?   Crap.  That is sweet.  Great rifle!! Deer hear you have one and they just lay down and wait on you rather than wasting energy trying to run!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »

Most cherished items.  Real silver dollars I love finding them.  I do not find many maybe 5 in the last year.

dr...

Do you have a Carson City silver dollar or two ?  I sold one a couple of years ago for $72 at the flea market. Wonder what the going price is now?

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:05 AM »
dr...

Do you have a Carson City silver dollar or two ?  I sold one a couple of years ago for $72 at the flea market. Wonder what the going price is now?

Nope have not got one.

Last night I found two old Roman coins that must be the oldest thing I have found.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »
Nope have not got one.

Last night I found two old Roman coins that must be the oldest thing I have found.

Wow, I would love to see those

xx
New winner for "weirdest thing I've ever found in a locker..."

Started by otbg

12 Replies
Last post September 26, 2011, 08:02:05 PM
by Millertime
xx
How bouta sum inspiration..whats the best thing uve found lately

Started by BigBizzz

25 Replies
Last post August 03, 2012, 11:07:41 AM