Storage Auctions

Don't See This Everyday...

Offline StorMe

• Academic= Theory= Revisionist
    • View Profile
Don't See This Everyday...
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »
I was cleaning out a locker at a facility that is close to an airforce base. The fighter in the picture was doing laps or something. It did what seemed like 10 or so touch and goes. Was it loud?

Oh hell yes! Man, the first time it made a pass it made me jump so high I think I left the floor three feet - LOL! I didn't even hear it coming! I had to change my drawers when I got home  :D

Dang, why don't we fly a squadren of these things at supersonic speed and 100 feet above the ground over Afganistan... I'm sure that would freak out a few people!

Phil

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Don't See This Everyday...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
He was probably just mad that he lost his storage unit and was contemplating whether he should unleash "hellfire" on the storage facility. :o

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »
StorMe, are you sure those pictures aren't from the episode of Auction Hunters where they find the radio controlled jets? 

:D Just kidding

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »
I don't know much about the military but, I wonder if that is the way they are painting the jets now. (???) This one looks like it is unfinished and needs a paint job.

Obama's spending cuts finally appear! :D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
If you're a full time storage auction buyer without an "official" place of business you're not concerned if they raise income taxes. ;)

Offline ncali

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
 much about the military but, I wonder if that is the way they are painting the jets now. (???) This one looks like it is unfinished and needs a paint job.

I think that paint job was done in the 60's considering the type of plane it is, and yea they are loud, especially with full afterburner kicked in

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
It's an F-35 Lighting II flight test aircraft. That's why it does not have a in-service paint scheme.