Storage Auctions

First Auction Today

First Auction Today
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
There were 2 units at a local auction today near Atlanta, GA. The first unit had nothing but papers and files in it and they weren't able to sell it since it was nothing but personal information. They popped the lock on the second unit, and there was nothing but a Christmas Tree and a box of ornaments. Some guy got it for 5 bucks and that was that. Hopefully my next auction story will be a little more exciting than this one!

Re: First Auction Today
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:32 AM »
That is typical of many of the auctions I have attended.   while there are a few really good units and some ok units, there are a lot of units that have little to nothing of value.   One auctioneer calls these "Easy to Clean out".   I like to call them the $1 unit.   

These can be profitable too but you must consider the time you will spend cleaning it out.   

hopefully your next auction will yield something more interesting.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: First Auction Today
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
At some auctions they cut the locks the day of the sale....right when the unit is to be sold. Those are nice to go to since most of the time no one has been in it (bad managers as an example).  But to the point....sometimes when that happens the door flies up and the locker is totally empty or maybe a couple of boxes are there.

The old tenant has moved every thing out....not told the management and then gets his credit crapped on because he gets dunning letters for three months before his complete absence is discovered. Of course with people like that they sometimes have no credit anyway, so what do they care.

xx
Today's auction

Started by Mr Andersen

8 Replies
Last post January 05, 2011, 10:55:22 PM
by the teacher
xx
First Auction Today

Started by five_oh_gold

5 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 11:58:12 PM
by MovieMan