Storage Auctions

first units bought!!

first units bought!!
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »
hey guys i went to my first auctions yesterday, 4 in fact. And I won my first 2 lkrs, at my first time ever attending :D i was very excited to start and very happy to be engaged in the bidding. there were ALOT of people there were 67 bidders on the sign in sheet that i counted, and more than that were there.

Anyways after 4 facilities and about 15 units total I bought two, one being just 15$ and the other being 60$, and after taxes and 10% buyers premium i payed a little under 89$ total.

in the first unit there was a eddie bauer baby bassonet in very good condition, a very deep dark wood baby changing table with storage underneath in great conditon, a gateway laptop, a burberry purse (i think its real but unsure), and a few small odds and ends but nothing else worth much. paid 60$ for this hope to double my money..... is that too far out of the question?

my 2nd unit i bought was a very small 5x5 with a huge couch but unfortunately only had 3 out of 4 cushions and was not stained and was beautiful :((( i really wouldve liked to keep it for myself but oh well, a light wood entertainment center in great condition (can hold appromiately a 35 inch tv) with swinging doors and drawers underneath, and a complete steel bedframe. I also found a pencil drawing but not sure if its worth anything. i spent 15, i hope to triple my money of this one between the bed frame and entertainment center.... is that out of the question? am i expecting too much?

thanks for any help guys.

Me and my girlfriend had a blast yesterday!! it was really alot of fun just being involved even if i wouldnt have bought anything. I can see now why this is so intriguing to some people... it is a great time. Ill definently be back out next wednesday!!! I bought 2 lkrs and still came home with 265$ thats always a plus too :)

Re: first units bought!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
anybody? anybody?

ive listed everything on craigslist as well. ive had two texts and an email about the bed frame for 25$ and call about the changing table for 30$. out to a good start!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »
Bed's (even frames) and furniture move slow for me - unless it is a complete set.  I typically can't justify the storage space requirement so don't bid on them.  The only furniture that come back from the units I bought were shelving that is useful while I try to sell it (everything else was basically junk).

Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
anybody? anybody?

ive listed everything on craigslist as well. ive had two texts and an email about the bed frame for 25$ and call about the changing table for 30$. out to a good start!

The boardies around here will respond to you and be quite helpful and maybe a little snarky, but give them more than two hours early in the morning.  ;)

Congrats on the wins! I would advise caution with the baby furniture and be certain to check for recall notices on any baby furniture you get.

The missing couch cushion is a PITA, but part of the business.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »
Congrats on the wins! Your estimates seem to be about right

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
anybody? anybody?

All sounds good Austin. Took us 4 or 5 auctions before we got one.

Patience is something hopefully will come with time. LOL I am still working on that.

Hope your CL Shoppers come through we have been waiting two weeks on one of our listings a lot of response but no shows.  ::)

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Congrats Austin - now the real fun begins!!

The boardies around here will respond to you and be quite helpful and maybe a little snarky, but give them more than two hours early in the morning.  ;)

Hey Matches, wasn't he the drummer for the Beatles - Richard Snarky!!   ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
thanks for all the replies guys :)

i have some updates actually!! I have sold the bed frame today for 25$, figured that was a right price to move it quick, and I have sold the gateway laptop for 1996, tht was broke, for 25$.

so that is 50$ i made since i bought them yeserday, only about 45 more and im in the green ;) and I feel like that should be no problem, since i still have all the furniture that I believe is worth about 120 and a burberry purse with a pending sale at 20$.

think after all is said and done i stand about making 185 not bad profit from $89 my first time out :)

IM HOOKED!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 11:55:15 AM »
I'm happy for ya Austin and a bit jealous.  Very rare now a days to find good even 1/4 full lockers for less then $100 in my area.  Hope your luck holds out for you.  Make your sales and get ready for your next unit.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
Congrats Austin - now the real fun begins!!

Hey Matches, wasn't he the drummer for the Beatles - Richard Snarky!!   ;D

I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGAS!!!

He must've been working in a storage unit before recording that track  ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGAS!!!

He must've been working in a storage unit before recording that track  ;)

And Ringo wrote a song about the storage auction business called "It Don't Come Easy!" :D

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:05 PM »
Another quick update.
I have sold the bassinet and the changing table as a group for 60$

Group that with the bed frame and laptop already sold and im in the green :D
I still have the entertainment center and a burberry handbag that should fetch me about another 40 bucks. Yay! Im going to another 5 facility caravan Wednesday and bringing more money hope.to get some more merchandise

This is alot of fun. Thanks for all the kind words guys

xx
Bought my first units!

Started by metigger

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 10:34:38 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
bought my first 2 units...

Started by mrplusone

5 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 04:04:24 PM