Storage Auctions

first units bought!!

first units bought!!
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »
hey guys i went to my first auctions yesterday, 4 in fact. And I won my first 2 lkrs, at my first time ever attending :D i was very excited to start and very happy to be engaged in the bidding. there were ALOT of people there were 67 bidders on the sign in sheet that i counted, and more than that were there.

Anyways after 4 facilities and about 15 units total I bought two, one being just 15$ and the other being 60$, and after taxes and 10% buyers premium i payed a little under 89$ total.

in the first unit there was a eddie bauer baby bassonet in very good condition, a very deep dark wood baby changing table with storage underneath in great conditon, a gateway laptop, a burberry purse (i think its real but unsure), and a few small odds and ends but nothing else worth much. paid 60$ for this hope to double my money..... is that too far out of the question?

my 2nd unit i bought was a very small 5x5 with a huge couch but unfortunately only had 3 out of 4 cushions and was not stained and was beautiful :((( i really wouldve liked to keep it for myself but oh well, a light wood entertainment center in great condition (can hold appromiately a 35 inch tv) with swinging doors and drawers underneath, and a complete steel bedframe. I also found a pencil drawing but not sure if its worth anything. i spent 15, i hope to triple my money of this one between the bed frame and entertainment center.... is that out of the question? am i expecting too much?

thanks for any help guys.

Me and my girlfriend had a blast yesterday!! it was really alot of fun just being involved even if i wouldnt have bought anything. I can see now why this is so intriguing to some people... it is a great time. Ill definently be back out next wednesday!!! I bought 2 lkrs and still came home with 265$ thats always a plus too :)

Re: first units bought!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
anybody? anybody?

ive listed everything on craigslist as well. ive had two texts and an email about the bed frame for 25$ and call about the changing table for 30$. out to a good start!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »
Bed's (even frames) and furniture move slow for me - unless it is a complete set.  I typically can't justify the storage space requirement so don't bid on them.  The only furniture that come back from the units I bought were shelving that is useful while I try to sell it (everything else was basically junk).

Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
anybody? anybody?

ive listed everything on craigslist as well. ive had two texts and an email about the bed frame for 25$ and call about the changing table for 30$. out to a good start!

The boardies around here will respond to you and be quite helpful and maybe a little snarky, but give them more than two hours early in the morning.  ;)

Congrats on the wins! I would advise caution with the baby furniture and be certain to check for recall notices on any baby furniture you get.

The missing couch cushion is a PITA, but part of the business.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »
Congrats on the wins! Your estimates seem to be about right

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
anybody? anybody?

All sounds good Austin. Took us 4 or 5 auctions before we got one.

Patience is something hopefully will come with time. LOL I am still working on that.

Hope your CL Shoppers come through we have been waiting two weeks on one of our listings a lot of response but no shows.  ::)

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Congrats Austin - now the real fun begins!!

The boardies around here will respond to you and be quite helpful and maybe a little snarky, but give them more than two hours early in the morning.  ;)

Hey Matches, wasn't he the drummer for the Beatles - Richard Snarky!!   ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
thanks for all the replies guys :)

i have some updates actually!! I have sold the bed frame today for 25$, figured that was a right price to move it quick, and I have sold the gateway laptop for 1996, tht was broke, for 25$.

so that is 50$ i made since i bought them yeserday, only about 45 more and im in the green ;) and I feel like that should be no problem, since i still have all the furniture that I believe is worth about 120 and a burberry purse with a pending sale at 20$.

think after all is said and done i stand about making 185 not bad profit from $89 my first time out :)

IM HOOKED!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 11:55:15 AM »
I'm happy for ya Austin and a bit jealous.  Very rare now a days to find good even 1/4 full lockers for less then $100 in my area.  Hope your luck holds out for you.  Make your sales and get ready for your next unit.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
Congrats Austin - now the real fun begins!!

Hey Matches, wasn't he the drummer for the Beatles - Richard Snarky!!   ;D

I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGAS!!!

He must've been working in a storage unit before recording that track  ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGAS!!!

He must've been working in a storage unit before recording that track  ;)

And Ringo wrote a song about the storage auction business called "It Don't Come Easy!" :D

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:05 PM »
Another quick update.
I have sold the bassinet and the changing table as a group for 60$

Group that with the bed frame and laptop already sold and im in the green :D
I still have the entertainment center and a burberry handbag that should fetch me about another 40 bucks. Yay! Im going to another 5 facility caravan Wednesday and bringing more money hope.to get some more merchandise

This is alot of fun. Thanks for all the kind words guys

xx
bought my first 2 units...

Started by mrplusone

5 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 04:04:24 PM
by mrplusone
xx
Bought my first units!

Started by metigger

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 10:34:38 PM