Storage Auctions

Found a New Forum Discussing a Staged Unit Being Sold Over and Over Again

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
  For those of Us that go to Auction Zip .com , they have a new Forum with a Storage Auction section .
One poster stated that He bought a " Nice " 10 X 20  " CONSIGNMENT " (the owners didn't want to ship the contents up North )   unit for $ 600. only to find out it was filled with crap , and another couple stopped  and told Him that they had paid $ 800. the month before for the same crap and walked away .
  Being a Honest , Buyer , He asked to rent the unit to have time to clean it out , only to be told that it was not available  for rent ,  the renter fills it up and has them sell the contents  for her, but He could rent him another unit .
 He later discovered that it is the Auctioneer's SISTER that rents the locker .                                          The Comments are very interesting
                   Movie Man , do You know of a  Tom Litton ?
  There are several auctioners and storage owners posting
 Tom Litton from Stockton , ca.
  Jim Ford from Tx.
  Charles Bevard from Md.
  William F Burke
   Charles Brobst  from Alaska
auctionzip.com/azforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2202&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

I just attended an Auction and I bought what turns out to be a total setup unit.We were told the unit was on consignment from out of state ,meaning it was not in default but the people wanted thier stuff sold at auction rather than have it shipped up north. the room was staged nicely a 10x20 packed with boxes misc items of interest out in the open everything I could see implied an older couple furniture from the 70's newspapers dated 1970's ,box of international travel magazines ,I was happy to win the bid at $600 after I began to clean out I began to see it was a bunch of crap,packed around a few decent items and also I began to see multiple names on mail,this was not one persons unit ,this was a bunch of crap packed into this unit with the intent to deceive. As I continued to pack my box truck I meet the couple who bought this very same unit the month before unit number F2 ,they paid $800 and found junk like me they suspected foul play.Then when I relized i would not be able to get it all unpacked in one trip I went to rent the unit for a month,I was told that I could rent another unit but not that one,come to find out a lady keep that unit rented
and would pack it and then sell it.and after looking into it futher a staff member let it slip that it was the sister of the auctioneer.At this point I knew I was screwed .
I ended up cherry picking what was left in the unit and left the rest [something I never do.]
   Bandit

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Man that is terrible, Think I would have taken all my garbage from home and filled it back up. No not really but I would want too. I would try and warn everyone I could so they want make any more money on junk. In my search for legal notices I found an Auctioneer that was being brought up on charges from the state auction board... Jotted her name down, and googled so not to attend her Auction's. Maybe you can report th Auctioneer or company, I don't know feel for you....

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile

Movie Man , do You know of a  Tom Litton ?

Yes, he does about 6 auctions up and down the valley here. I think he does them in several places around the country too, but don't know how he figures in to those remote locations.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
money4nothing
  That wasn't Me , that was posted on the new Auction Zip Forum I just found , warning buyers , but no location given .
  Bandit
 Ps.
  I would Never pay $ 600. for a locker showing old newspapers and a lot of crap  around a couple of pieces of old furniture , staged to look like all of an  elderly couples belongings .
  Being a Negative Person does have it's advantages   ;D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
money4nothing
  That wasn't Me , that was posted on the new Auction Zip Forum I just found , warning buyers , but no location given .
  Bandit
 Ps.
  I would Never pay $ 600. for a locker showing old newspapers and a lot of crap  around a couple of pieces of old furniture , staged to look like all of an  elderly couples belongings .
  Being a Negative Person does have it's advantages   ;D
I went back and read it twice thought it was you thank goodness it was not. And thanks for the warning. Got you on the negative when it comes to spending my money.. :) But I do have a lot of positive if I get dealt crap.  Our first and only locker most would think is crap. But I think we will do fine. Full of kids clothes counting it up we should do really good.

Thanks for the warnimg!!

I am one of the auctioneers listed and I feel like many ethical auctioneers this pratice is wrong. There could be other action you can take as these are advertised as defaulted storage so there might be a fraud lawsuit against the auctioneer and the storage company.
After awhile you can spot these units and a few comments out loud just before the sale of the unit could go a long way or they could get you kicked out. Either way word about these crooked pratices must be put out.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
I am one of the auctioneers listed and I feel like many ethical auctioneers this pratice is wrong. There could be other action you can take as these are advertised as defaulted storage so there might be a fraud lawsuit against the auctioneer and the storage company.
After awhile you can spot these units and a few comments out loud just before the sale of the unit could go a long way or they could get you kicked out. Either way word about these crooked pratices must be put out.

As a Professional Auctioneer on this forum , Thanks for agreeing as to how wrong this practice is , and I agree that the word will spread about this company , and lets hope , not to many others get burned like these two that We have heard about .
        By your time zone , I have eliminated the auctioneer in Alaska as being You .    ::)
Bandit

xx
Staged unit story

Started by Alias

10 Replies
Last post July 17, 2012, 07:58:51 AM
by PAPPAPUMP
xx
Saw my first truly staged unit today

Started by chancestoys

8 Replies
Last post November 03, 2012, 08:21:39 PM