Storage Auctions

Furniture ... Hidden in locker

Furniture ... Hidden in locker
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:58:39 PM »
Got a Good locker online.. surprised me.. When they opened the door, I saw a HUGE couch (great I thought) a mattress, huge old school tv.. I thought Great.. Time for trash duty..   Well moved the mattress aside, 2 NEWish Flat screen tv's still had the protective film on the frame of them.. 39" hisense and 46" Samsung    Sold them to a buddy for double what I paid.. Onto the couch.. I unburried it.. It was a 2 piece sectional, brown leather, in great shape(dusty)  Sold it on craigs list for a good profit.  so now 3 items gone turned 150$ into $600 without really getting sweaty..   The Mattress was new king size with matching set of box springs, still in factor wrapped plastic with tags.  Would have been a couple hundred there at least, except the far end was against the wall and somehow had water damage.  Someone wanted the box springs, so told them hauld away the mattress and they are yours and poof cleared out.

Still has 6 speaker enclosures, A Technic receiver, couple CD players, nice pots and pans,  a baby swing, car seat, some leaded Crystal glasses, Lot of yard sale stuff.  And a bunch of clothes, some name brand jeans that I am donating.

Oh and a nice bakers rack that found a home in my kitchen.   All in all about a 1000$ unit I guess.  I went ahead and rented this one as it is close to me and I buy a lot from this facility.  One before this I spend 60$ on (same place) and tripled that on a play station 3 and some ebay items..

This last on did not have my most common item to find in it.. not a single Acholics Annomyous book.. not a one... (don't laugh I sold a 1st printing of the second edition on ebay for 60+$)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Furniture ... Hidden in locker
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
Onto the couch.. I unburried it.. It was a 2 piece sectional, brown leather, in great shape(dusty)  Sold it on craigs list for a good profit.

See that, it pays to not be such a La-Z-Boy. :)

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:11:53 AM »
I got a larger 10x20 last month..  It turned out very good also. Had several Brand new (nice) Suites one had a 300$ price tag on it, huge tie collection, some D&D figureines (alone they paid for the cost)  Record collection (Kept, right up my alley) Lots of tools, china, 4 pressure cookers, some huge pots for canning, and a Gentlemans dresser (armoir). and a bunch of old books (which has already paid for the unit cost alone too) By the time I move most of what was in that locker

I should clear about 2000$ counting the help I had to pay. and on top of that the storage people for a 25$ cleaning deposit was okay with clearing out the scraps, it sometimes pays to ask them..

Worst unit ever I broke even on by finding someone willing to remove the contents for them. I picked a few pieces out that covered the cost, and the gas involved. If you consider time I lost about 4 hours worth of it.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:11:17 AM »
I should clear about 2000$ counting the help I had to pay.

Nice! That right there is what it's all about.

xx
What signs do you look for that would indicate a locker has hidden value?

Started by Travis

14 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 06:54:13 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Gold Plated Furniture Found in Storage Locker

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 11:13:19 AM
by pawnstar01
xx
Hidden cash