Storage Auctions

Got a wet one

Got a wet one
« on: January 30, 2011, 01:49:29 PM »
Bought a huge unit on Friday a 12X30. It looked bad and smelled bad it was bad.  Turns out it has flooded in Dec.  Well that was not the worst it was a $1 move in special and the guy skipped and its no wonder there were 20 mattresses and box springs in it.  I have not sorted the boxes yet but expect only junk.  Cost $40 for the unit and $170 so far at the dump.  3000 pounds right to the dump wet mattresses are heavy and some of the bags of clothes must have weighed 100 pounds.  I wish the unreality shows would show someone getting a dandy unit like this.  Got 2 other units that are not as bad but not done looking through them yet know I got over 100 records and I can get $1 each for those if I bring in an unsorted collection.  Have found a little gold in a unit I paid $305 for not enough to pay it off.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Got a wet one
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
If the 2 tv shows featured your buy the number of "bidders" would plummet!

Sorry you got this one, but may I ask what intrigued you about it? The mattresses immediately turn me off unless I see a Snap-On rollaway (even if empty).

If a $1 move in special (and from the contents) it might have been an auction buyer who didn't care about his future rep there and found it cheaper than the dump.

Re: Got a wet one
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »
I could only see a couple of the mattresses when I bid.  The other mattresses were covered with blankets it looked like other furniture.  I like to buy junky looking unit cause normally I do not loose money as they are cheap.  I thought there might be some good scrap in the unit there was not.