Storage Auctions

Have you ever found a stamp book collection that you actually made money on ?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I have, but didn't amount to much. More valuable have been the roughly $75 in new stamps found in three lkrs over nine years.  They are just like money despite the fact I only pay about 5 bills a month with a check.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I found a fairly large collection and they were somewhat valuable, but I would prefer to never deal with them again. Stamps have so many variables that it takes an incredible amount of research to figure out what you have. Then, once you figure out what you have, you still need to figure out if there is an error or something unique on the stamp that makes it even more valuable. Finding qualified stamp appraisers is almost impossible and when you do, they want to charge you an appraisal fee. If you're dealing with an entire collection, you better get out out the checkbook. The people in the industry that I dealt with were extremely arrogant.

Offline theoddfind

• Buy big or go home!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sold a whole book of train stamps for $200.

Once we found a new roll over 100 each 42 cent stamps.. Only paided 10 bucks for the locker, and there was no trash..

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Same here, I found a few rolls as well. I haven't bought stamps since mid 2010. A few months ago my toddler got a hold of about 30 of them and decided to make a collage. Ever since then, I have to peel the stamps apart when I need to send a letter.

My mom gave me my grandfathers stamp "collection" he just tossed them into big brown envelopes. They were fro the 1930's and 40's, so I was hopeful they were worth something. Anyway, they must have been stored in a hot attic for a couple of years. Most of the stamps were melted into one big blob of stamps, the heat made the glue from the stamps all stick together. I made a attempt to use steam to get them apart with limited success. but as someone else said, Way too much time involved to try and see if a stamp it worth anything. I ended up throwing them all back in the envelopes and tossed them into a closet.   

xx
This is how we made money with Garage Sales.

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 03, 2011, 06:01:59 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
Picker made BIG MONEY selling pot

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post June 12, 2018, 09:59:03 AM
by Tong
xx
Is there still money to be made at automobile auctions?

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post January 04, 2013, 10:32:12 PM
by Alias300
xx
Cage's Stolen Comic Book Found In Storage Locker In CA

Started by DustyPub

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 12:50:25 PM
by MovieMan