Storage Auctions

It's raining! Time for one big sale.

It's raining! Time for one big sale.
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »
Most of you remember the unit I scored last year about this time with all of the expensive art and furniture. It sure made me a ton of money. I still have a few very expensive pieces left here. One of them is a Fredrick Remington bronze "Coming Through the Rye". I put what I considered a low price on it at $3000.00. There was an appraisal in the unit for it at $8500.00. I have been offered $2700 on a couple of occasions and turned it down. It sure has brought a lot of people in just to have a look at it.

This man comes in two weeks ago and falls in love with it. He was floored when I told him the price. He apparently has four other bronzes by Remington and knows their value. So he tells me he is a cattle rancher and with no rain he is having to pay for feed so right now he can't afford to buy this piece but... If it rains in the next three weeks he will be back. Well he came back. I am so sad to see it go but I am so happy to have the money. I am thanking the heavens for raining down on me. Both with water and money.

Now I gotta find something else impressive to put back in that space. I really hate my job. LOL

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: It's raining! Time for one big sale.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »
Congratulations on the sale. I have a few big ticket items that I've been holding as well. It's like a needle in a haystack trying to find a buyer. Maybe it'll rain on me soon.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »
That was a nice score!  I'm all about moving stuff quick, but when I get something I know has the value, I'll hold out for the bigger bucks.......no sense in giving something away if you don't need the money at the moment. 

I had a big sign this guy wanted.  He comes down totally unprepared.  I spend two hours messing with this guy and it just flat wasn't going to go in his truck.  I was going to sell it to him for a thousand.  I told him if he came back to pick it up it was going to be $1200 for all the time I wasted.......I didn't care if he came back, I knew it was worth more.

Long story short, he flaked and two weeks later I sold it to someone else for $1500.....he actually made me more money by being a jerk.....lol.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:04:58 AM »
Long story short, he flaked and two weeks later I sold it to someone else for $1500.....he actually made me more money by being a jerk.....lol.

Love it!

Now I just have to find some fantastic western art or an Indian rug to replace it. LOL in my dreams but you just never know.

xx
It's raining ! It's Picking Time !

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post February 08, 2014, 09:28:19 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Yard Sale Time

Started by Millertime

9 Replies
Last post September 24, 2011, 07:59:12 PM
by Drew