Storage Auctions

Jackpot ! Jackpot in the Safe ?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Jackpot ! Jackpot in the Safe ?
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
Benluby....

I see you are still online here at 10:55 am my Pacific time. I am leaving in 5 minutes for the lkr as per my post above. I will go ahead and do what I said and hope to see a reply from you when I get back.

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Benluby....

I see you are still online here at 10:55 am my Pacific time. I am leaving in 5 minutes for the lkr as per my post above. I will go ahead and do what I said and hope to see a reply from you when I get back.

Gotta take a chance at times, right Movieman?  You have a deal.  Shoot me a PM when you get back, and I'll have the money to you tomorrow morning via paypal, as I have the money clearing the bank tonight.  Let me know how much shipping and handling will be. 
   I'll even keep you advised of my luck with the Beanie Babies if you like.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »
Gotta take a chance at times, right Movieman?  You have a deal.  Shoot me a PM when you get back, and I'll have the money to you tomorrow morning via paypal, as I have the money clearing the bank tonight.  Let me know how much shipping and handling will be. 
   I'll even keep you advised of my luck with the Beanie Babies if you like.

Hell keep us all advised :)

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »
Hell keep us all advised :)

Beanie Babies are like sports cards.  If you don't know a collector that will buy them at a discount, you have to sit on the damn things and watch the market.  When your 'Babies' get worth something, then you have to be ready to stick it on the market.
   Most aren't worth much.  But some can be worth some jack, so I am willing to take the risk, and sit on them if needed, until they do go up in value.
   Last unit I bought I got about 5,000 sports cards from the eighties and early nineties.  It ain't gonna be a quick sell, because I can sit on them and sell them out bit by bit to get max value, seeing as I only paid $200 for the unit.
   Personally, I understand the 'quick turn' market, but when it comes to little items like Beanies and cards?  I'll sit on them if needed, as they don't take up much room.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »
who said the forums weren't good for anything!! ha

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »
who said the forums weren't good for anything!! ha

Hey Drew, I'm going to see if you're interested in a few big items.  Got a fridge, works in decent condition, white.  Also have a like new gas range and built in microwave and the fridge, all black, that I bought as a set two years ago.  They've been sitting in my garage ever since. (Fridge has been used, but it is in good condition.  Range and Microwave have less than sixty days of usage.)

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »
Been out of power here- Movieman- sweet! :o

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2011, 10:02:04 PM »
Benluby...

It's 8 pm here in California...haven't gotten the Beanies boxed up or weighed yet. Will do it first thing Thursday morn the 1st of Sept and will PM you the results. I got your PM with the needed info.  More later...I'm watching the SW Unlocked episode at the moment.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
Just got an email indicating this topic has been made a STICKY by Drew.  Thanks Drew !

(I think that means it stays at the top of the heap!)  ;D

Here's a couple of pics of the new combination lock on the safe:

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »
Benluby...

It's 8 pm here in California...haven't gotten the Beanies boxed up or weighed yet. Will do it first thing Thursday morn the 1st of Sept and will PM you the results. I got your PM with the needed info.  More later...I'm watching the SW Unlocked episode at the moment.

Not a problem bud.  When you get the info let me know and I'll go do the paypal thing.  (To whoever had the Indy dolls, PM me some info and what you'll take for them.  I may actually be interested, but not at 250 a pop.)

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »
Benluby- nope. In no need of appliances right now sorry. Have them on craigslist?

Movieman- yea figured I'd sticky this thread for awhile for any newcomers! It's a good read.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »
Not a problem bud.  When you get the info let me know and I'll go do the paypal thing.  (To whoever had the Indy dolls, PM me some info and what you'll take for them.  I may actually be interested, but not at 250 a pop.)

We're almost good to go. I am sending you a pm at this time also with the total cost and my PayPal address for sending the funds. Please check the "other" option when sending the money.   Thanks!

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:54 PM »
We're almost good to go. I am sending you a pm at this time also with the total cost and my PayPal address for sending the funds. Please check the "other" option when sending the money.   Thanks!

Will take care of it.  Got an idea of about how many there are?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Will take care of it.  Got an idea of about how many there are?

Well, I just "poured" them in as I said I would, but I have to think its closer to 50 than it would be 75. Could be 40, could be 60.

As I arranged them in the box for a good fit I did notice a lot of the bears which I think are the most popular. I saw a USA one, a green one, maybe 6 to 10 of the bears; a dragon. Maybe 5 or so didn't have tags on them.

Anyway, I only need to seal the box, print the label and take it to the UPS store.

Thanks!

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »
Well, I just "poured" them in as I said I would, but I have to think its closer to 50 than it would be 75. Could be 40, could be 60.

As I arranged them in the box for a good fit I did notice a lot of the bears which I think are the most popular. I saw a USA one, a green one, maybe 6 to 10 of the bears; a dragon. Maybe 5 or so didn't have tags on them.

Anyway, I only need to seal the box, print the label and take it to the UPS store.

Thanks!

All done.  At the very least it will make the wife happy, as she loves stuffed animals.  Don't worry about the 'pics' request in the pm.  Just send those boogers on.  I'll keep you advised as to how the Beanie Babies turn out.

xx
My 3rd Unit...Jackpot!!

Started by hibid

2 Replies
Last post October 10, 2011, 12:23:36 AM
by hibid
xx
My first unit and I hit the Jackpot!!!!

Started by Taemujin

3 Replies
Last post May 14, 2012, 05:30:06 PM
by che85mor