Storage Auctions

Living in a storage unit.

Offline Zao24

Re: Living in a storage unit.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
my point is that it wasn't necessary and added no intrinsic value to your post. It only seemed as if you were trying to get a rise out of the crowd (no pun intended).

No intrinsic value was intended anywhere in my post.  You are in the wrong forum if you are looking for intrinsic value.  The purpose of the Storage Auction Stories forum is, and I quote, "We want to hear your craziest Storage Auction Stories! Whether it be crazy, scary, funny, sad we want to hear it!" 

I found this story to be crazy, funny and sad all at the same time.  Your comments are just sad.

Offline Zao24

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »
He has full legal access to his unit during the business hours of the facility.

Unless the terms of service he signed said otherwise.

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
At the law firm we called that a 'reference of character'

Right or wrong it works. Say they were living in a locker? You could get a "oh poor things" reaction.
Throw in "fornicating" and the general consensus is they are low life's.......

Paraphrasing the great "Jazz Comedian" Franklyn Ajaye:  "Confucious says, Ye Who Fornicates Will Not Get To Heaven...WHAT!!??...When I fornicate I AM IN HEAVEN....."

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 04:15:15 PM »
When I fornicate I AM IN HEAVEN....."

Or you're dreamin'. ;)

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
It wasn't my post. Try to keep up with the rest of us, okay!

lol my fault :D

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
To the poster  of this topic, why did you bid and buy the unit, did you need a new mattress.  Thats sort of gross dude.  Sleeping in their lovin

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
Not to split hairs, but fornication, by definition, is sex between people who are not married to each other.  The post says they were married to each other, as opposed to married to other people.  Ergo, they were simply having sex as married people do (usually).

While agree the fact they were having sex in the unit, which apparently was raucous enough that it got them caught, adds to the "eww" factor, how does it speak to their moral character?

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
He has full legal access to his unit during the business hours of the facility. As long as his rent is paid, the manager has no right to ask him to leave. I know this from my capacity as an electrician.

I've worked at storage units many times. There was this one time when it was obvious that a single man was coming and going routinely. When I jokingly said something along the lines of, what's with this guy does he live he or something? The manger told me yes. Naturally I asked why it was allowed and the manager told me that he has called the police over it. The response from the police was that as long as the facility offered 24 hour access (which it did), then the man had the right to be there 24 hours.

Where did it say he was paying rent. The post said there was a locker with no lock on it. They opened it up and there was someone in there.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 12:06:55 PM »
Where did it say he was paying rent.

Where does it say he wasn't, or that this particular unit was up for auction? This thread is simply about people that live in their units for whatever reason.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »
Perhaps one of them had a storage unit fetish. ;D

xx
Desperate Living: Life In a Storage Unit

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post January 04, 2013, 10:39:11 PM
by the teacher
xx
Police find 2 children living in NJ storage unit

Started by bmovies

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
by Travis
xx
Went to an auction and there was a man living inside the unit

Started by Agooch1207

11 Replies
Last post March 10, 2014, 04:36:45 AM
by EdwardThirlwall
xx
Does anyone buy storage units here for a living?

Started by Rufus

4 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 12:54:28 PM
by MikeMilez