Storage Auctions

pictures of units at an upcoming auction

pictures of units at an upcoming auction
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »
http://m1083.photobucket.com/albums/Ministorage54/?src=www

Hey guys I have been sent 5 pictures of all 3 units available at a silent auction this Saturday. These are directly from the manager and I have a good idea of what I might like to bid on these but wanted some of your opinions as well, because they will be appreciated.

Btw this is a mobile url cuz I did post this with my phone so for best results all you guys with a a smartphone use that lol. If someone knows how to change a mobile url to a regular link send me a pm.

All tips and advice on these units will be appreciated and let the bidding opinions begin lol

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: pictures of units at an upcoming auction
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
Locker # FO15 Looks scary.  (the first one)  Would run away from that one unless when you see it in person you can see something good.

The other two don't look too bad.

G042 Table is most likely messed up on the top.

F026 looks like they (tenants) packed it so they could get to the good stuff up front . 

Been so long sense we have been to an auction drawing a blank on prices, Plus I am cheap. ::)

F015===(pay me to clean it) LOL $175 The welding tanks there in the corner may be worth something if they are not leased from someone. In Florida if there is an R on the tank they are not rentals, But if there is tanks most likely torches in there. (Husband Steel guy) They are worth about $100 on the low end.

G042===$250   these are with the gamble factored in.  ;)
F026=== $225

Good luck will be nice to see what others think

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:38:59 PM »
really? I thought the first one was the best of the 3, just like you said for the welder/sedaline (sp?) tanks. but then again I hate big furniture. but me and u are close on price for #1 . i was gunna set max at 220 but would be comftorable at your price lol.

as for 2 and 3 I might bid 100 on two just to see the table cuz if its nice its worth it. if not its worth the loss just to see. I probably wont even be bidding on 3. But then again prices might completely change when we see the units in person.

hopefully i get more opinions :/

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:07:37 PM »
LOL

Little rusty on the pricing plus I like the real factor, pictures are hard to go by IMO.  ;D

On second thought probably would not bid on the third one either.

And the second unit yeah I am a little high but I am pretty good at guessing what they will go for which is usually more than I will pay.  ;D

How long do you have to wait after the auction to find out who got it?

Forgot to mention on our silent auction they did not tell the winning bid.  ::) So have no idea how far we were off.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
Lol Money - those tanks caught my attention first, and made me think welding / tool unit?  Looks like a a 3 steel leg table/tripod was made.  Old TV is scrap for me - I've yet to get one that works.  File cabinet is $10-$20 unless is a fire proof one.  If it is fireproof it's worth $100 or more but is a hard sale.  Looks like some misc electronics on that stand that has been opened.  See what looks like shelving in the back.  From the pictures I'd only go $150 or so myself.  I hate dealing with the beds and most of the unit looks open.  So may not be many surprises.

Second unit I like better but it would go to one of our furniture guys.  Depending on the size it would prob go for $200-$400 here.  Unless the noobies are out in force then your looking at 600.

Third unit I can't get much of a feel for.  See the dresser and drawers stacked up top.  Looks like plastic on the boxspring so may be able to re-sale that.

I would bid on all 3 units but that is just me.  I put in token bids all the time and every now and then will win one.  So for myself once I saw the units myself I'd bid something like this:

1) 143 as is -- up to $178 if saw more stuff in it.
2) $201 (depending on the size)
3) $26 on last unit just cuz I really don't see much in it from the picture.  Yes - I do lowball the heck out of units many times.

Good luck.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »
I am only going to comment on G042 cause thats the type of unit I would bid on.

What size is it? I am assuming from the pictures it is a 5 x 10?

What I see:

Part of a papasan chair (the lower frame and cushion) just hope the upper frame is in there. Retail $175
Dining table with two bases and support structure, typical design of Ashley furniture (or any mid range furniture store in your region) the feet are not ornate so a lower end, mid range table, just hope the chairs are in there somewhere. Retail $250-$350
Bedframes on the side, something behind the table (dresser?) nightstand up front: All chocolate brown, typical design and color pattern of IKEA furniture. Folks go Ape$h*t for IKEA furniture in my parts! Purhaps full bedroom set. Retail $500-$750
10+ boxes, & a $5 tv & a $10 2-drawer filing cabinet.

If I could see the other part of the papasan chair and the chairs to go with the dining table, and tell the furniture is in very good shape I would bid up to $500.
Based on what I can see $300.

I can get that back out of the IKEA looking bedroom set, and everything else is gravy.  ;)

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:08 AM »
LOL

Little rusty on the pricing plus I like the real factor, pictures are hard to go by IMO.  ;D

On second thought probably would not bid on the third one either.

And the second unit yeah I am a little high but I am pretty good at guessing what they will go for which is usually more than I will pay.  ;D

How long do you have to wait after the auction to find out who got it?

Forgot to mention on our silent auction they did not tell the winning bid.  ::) So have no idea how far we were off.

The auction is at 9 and she said she would call winners around 1-2 pm so a little while but not bad.  I think right now im sitting at about 200 on first about 300 on 2nd debating whether to even bid on number 3. Come on guys!! Let's get more opinions out its fun just to see what everyone thinks

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »
One suggestion - make it an odd number.  So if want to go $200 do $201, $202, $203.  Most new people and even some of the regulars bid like at a live auction.  So you mostly have "0" or "5" ending bids.  Example $50 or $75.  So I will add a buck or three to my max bid.  I've won a few units now by that $1 or $2.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
I do the odd number thing too.  It has not made the difference yet, but plan to keep doing it for the reason craiglstauction gave.

xx
Over 100 pictures of an upcoming estate sale

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post January 01, 2014, 02:27:47 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Are the storage units near you still taking pictures and documents back?

Started by rulesforrebels

10 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 08:50:44 PM
by Ironman
xx
Take a look at this auction coming up in Anaheim, CA...32 lkrs, 24 pictures !

Started by MovieMan

13 Replies
Last post September 04, 2011, 09:50:29 AM
by Southern California Girl
xx
Upcoming Auctions March 2012

Started by pdpowell

3 Replies
Last post March 18, 2012, 08:18:06 PM
by Millertime