Storage Auctions

Saturday auction failure

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Saturday auction failure
« on: November 05, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »
Went to an auction this morning.   The public notice was quite detailed to say the least.  That should have been my first impression of just staying home, but I went anyway.  First locker went kinda high the second was the bets buy of the day at 150 dollars.  After that it was all staged.  Barbie dolls up front and clean in their boxes, that were banged up.  3 yes, 3 lockers with visible safes.  There were only 7 lockers for sale and only 5 of the 7 were in the notice....  Quite the sketch joint in my eyes, some lady was dropping 600-800 dollars on lockers that I wouldn't go over 250 on.  Hopefully it will shut them down on future runs.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Saturday auction failure
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
Went to an auction this morning.   The public notice was quite detailed to say the least.  That should have been my first impression of just staying home, but I went anyway.  First locker went kinda high the second was the bets buy of the day at 150 dollars.  After that it was all staged.  Barbie dolls up front and clean in their boxes, that were banged up.  3 yes, 3 lockers with visible safes.  There were only 7 lockers for sale and only 5 of the 7 were in the notice....  Quite the sketch joint in my eyes, some lady was dropping 600-800 dollars on lockers that I wouldn't go over 250 on.  Hopefully it will shut them down on future runs.

Well at least you know there will be one less idiot buying from here on out.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
3 safes in 7 lockers and all visable is just very long odds.  Sounds like your right and it's staged auctions.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
I feel like this is what it's coming to with storage auctions....i feel like more and more storage companies will at least "stage" their units for customers to actually see some value. I wish they actually CUT locks in this area as opposed to just taking their tabs off....

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 09:19:16 PM »
They could have been a little less obvious.Surpise they didn't paint bricks gold.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »
Went to an auction caravan last month. The first few storage places locks pre cut. Got to the last one They took their lock off and cut the owners lock. Same auction company different counties so not sure what that was about.
Sounds like you will know where not to go. Not a waste of time if you know to mark them off your list to attend.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »
Well some places go ahead and put their lock on and leave the other lock until it goes up for auction then they remove the owners lock and put a tab on w/ their lock.  So what prob happened if it was just 1 unit like that was the owner called and "gave-up" the unit.

xx
Piece by Piece Auction...A failure....and A success

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post January 31, 2014, 08:15:09 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Saturday auction in a small town, Drama, bannings, and more!

Started by greywar

5 Replies
Last post June 04, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Strange saturday crowd, but got first one!

Started by knoxie

13 Replies
Last post October 05, 2011, 10:16:51 AM
by knoxie
xx
Online Yard Sale (Pick-up on Saturday)??

Started by craiglstauction

2 Replies
Last post March 05, 2013, 09:21:03 AM
by craiglstauction