Storage Auctions

Stand Alone Freezer

Stand Alone Freezer
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »
I won an auction last week and in it was a stand alone freezer. I plugged it in and it lit up but it does not get cold. It is an older model to be sure. I'm not exactly sure what to do with this thing, It'll cost me $90 just to have some one look at it, which if i choose to do the repairs half will be applied towards repair costs. If i choose not to do the repairs i'm out the $100. That fact that it's older is making me lean towards NOT going this route.

Is there a market for broken down stand alone freezers that i'm unaware of? Perhaps for parts? I'm in the allentown area. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just bite the bullet and get it repaired? Or...?

Thanks in advance for this fantastic forum and it's members!
I look forward to reading your replies.  :)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Stand Alone Freezer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
There may be a market for them, but I don't know as I stay away from such things.

Scrap is possible; would probably have to vent the freezing stuff.

Finally, such is the lot of the lkr buyer; sometimes you get stung.  :'(

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »
1) scrap
2) donate for tax reciept if there is that service in ur area
3) check craigslist. Scrap guy will haul away for free
4) dead stripper storage?   :-\

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
You can normally find someone on CL that will buy it for $10-$20 for scrap.  Is what I do with the fridges that don't work.  Or I take them in to scrap myself.  You have to pay someone to remove the freon first.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
If it's a chest-type freezer, list it on Craigslist under Farm & Garden.  Us horse owners are always looking for them to store our feed in.  Keeps the vermin out of the food.   ;D

Newbie here!  I love reading this list, but doubt I'll ever be competing with you for a locker.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:01 AM »

Newbie here!  I love reading this list, but doubt I'll ever be competing with you for a locker.

Welcome and glad you are not competition.  ;D. But yes the info here is great. I have been impressed with the recycle ideas.

And an old freezer works great for dry critter free storage.  ;)

xx
If you can't stand the heat....

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
by bakerben
xx
I can't stand selling on facebook anymore

Started by StorageAuctionFinds

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2014, 12:33:20 PM
by rulesforrebels