Storage Auctions

The crossbow that wasnt

The crossbow that wasnt
« on: July 02, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
Not my find, but a fellow auctioneer.  We had passed on the unit, but noticed something that looked like a crossbow wrapped in a garbage sack, and then taped up.  The other person had grabbed it, and took it with them when they went to pay for the unit.  We were all curious!  What kind of person wraps up a crossbow?  Is it that old?  That awesome?

So we were chatting, and they decided hey lets unwrap it and look.  Things of course go downhill from here.  First off...its a cross made out of cheap wood with RIP written on it.  But wait!  Theres more!

Then the smell....the ungodly smell.  That made you realize that...there may be more then just the cross inside. 

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: The crossbow that wasnt
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
I bought a unit about 5 months ago that had what I thought was a compound bow in it. You could see the top of the bow and two pulleys sticking out of a new metal trash can. When I saw two pulleys, I assumed it was a decent bow, but it turned out to be two kids bows leaning against each other. That was a let down because I've been looking for a bow for a while now. I guess I could just buy one but I prefer to get the things I want for free out of a storage unit.

xx
Do you think these AD companys would pay for a show that wasnt scripted like

Started by bwd111

4 Replies
Last post November 24, 2011, 03:31:19 PM
by BigBizzz