Storage Auctions

Won Two units last week..

Won Two units last week..
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »
Competition was tough...  going for a lot more than they were worth..  I got two low ball units, one for $70 one for 10$ - The 70$ unit was nothing much but clothes, Couple purses, An obama bobble head, a Time warner cable remote control,  it was at least a small unit.. 5x5 

The 10$ unit was a 5x15 unit, looked like total junk...  Found tubs of really classy gentleman's shoes... A stereo, New crock pot, new dishes, new kitchen container (for flour/sugar/etc) all matching in red.  A set of really nice speaker, an old school entertainment system, Dresser,  some sports bobble heads, couple nice pocket knives..  the tubs were not the typical rubber maid tubs, but nice sturdy tubs too.  also got a very unique bed with a couple tall things they go beside each side of the bed, with a overheard lighting attachment (vintage).  and a nice Microfiber suede couch. and some heavy solid brass planters.    not a fortune this week but should triple my money after taking into account my time..

What do you guys value your time at?? I figure my time is worth 25$ an hour so when I calculate my profits on it, that's what I deduct.. more so for my own records just to get an idea of what I am actually making.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Won Two units last week..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »
You can't beat that kind of return on a $10 unit.

When I was buying full time, I never really calculated my time into the equation. I was more concerned with the ROI. Besides, most units that are a lot of work typically sell for less. I think it all evens out in the wash.

Re: Won Two units last week..
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
I don't PAY myself for the time.. I just like some sort of Idea of, if I really worked a job for the time invested what would I make v/s what I made...

No complaints for 10$ for sure..

xx
Got two units this week !!!

Started by Ironman

3 Replies
Last post February 22, 2011, 12:52:59 PM
by Drew
xx
Roadtrip this week

Started by Mr Andersen

5 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 10:53:03 AM