Storage Auctions

Worst Unit?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Unit?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
Btw-there is this long piece 12' of boat wood/ driftwood . Has anyone had any luck selling an item like that? I was thinking of cutting it in half, just to handle it easier. Good or bad idea?

On this, there are buyers out there for this type of stuff, it is just finding them, and I would have no idea what to charge for it. But people that would be interested,
Artist
Home Designers
Possible a museum (if you can link it to something of importance and significant)
some one that collects ocean type things, boat collectors, drift wood itself, etc.

I do not think it would be any harm to cutting it in half unless there is some importance to the piece you have, then it would decrease the value tremendously.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »
Happy 4th to everyone! I took a couple of pics- the unit is after the first load is on the truck. Behind the mattress on the truck is about 100 liquor boxes full of garbage. Most of the photos have the title of the movie, subject name, and the stamp of the photographer.

Looks like the kind of unit I like.  Lots of junk, was there a guitar in the case?  Those pictures should get you your money back I would think they may not pay the dump fees as well but I bet that you make money on the unit.

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »
I finally got done looking through everything. The last oddball items were a heavy old wagon wheel, and what looks like a carved totem pole table lamp - about 2' tall. Not the worst unit, definately the worst effort/ time/ cost unit .

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
Congrats on being done.Next one will be AWESOME!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »
Just looking MB  :o  :D Thanks for the encouragement! I might have mentioned my cousin might be picking up and auctioning off most items. After that it's probably half of a truck dump run.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
My cousin filled a  14' truck today- about 2/3 to auction, 1/3 garbage. He thought there weren't any big money items, but a lot of $20-50 range items. The skull was plastic. There was a duck lamp that he smashed and removed the duck. He said the duck was vintge and used, and thought it had some potential. A van load of garbage left ;D...
ps-if anyone is interested, I will give you a heads up when the pics of the auction items are listed on auctionzip-m

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »
If anyone is interested - search dealer # 2736 at auctionzip.com Next week's auction; the guns, jewelry, coins, nice clocks etc are not mine :P My junk is the rustic bench and table, the duck, and about the last 10 pics. ::) :) Thanks-m

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »
The good , the bad, and the ugly. My total cost was about $1800. The large bulk of auction items brought in a bit over 1100. A few other pieces at another auction brought in 200+. Loser  ::) The good was a friend helped me dump a couple trucks for free. The ugly was how public storage acted quite poorly to me. I have called the district and regional managers, with no luck of them honoring the $1 special they announced at the auction. The auctual cost of the one month bill was $520. Not the first ps unit I bought, and I have taken advantage of the special in the past. My worst unit  :-\

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
 $ 520. ?  All I can say is WOW , here in Mass. at Public Storage a 10 X 30  9.5 RV unit is $ 322. a month .                                                                                                                                               Where I rent for a 10 X 30 x 10 High alarmed unit  w/ lights and elect. and 24/7 access ,it is $ 229. on sale @ $ 199.   , but I am "Grandfathered " in at a Lot less , as I was one of the first tenants  .
Bandit

thumbdown
My Worst Unit ever

Started by truedaystar

7 Replies
Last post May 14, 2014, 07:50:45 AM
by truedaystar
xx
What's your worst score ?

Started by MovieMan

16 Replies
Last post December 12, 2012, 09:24:41 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Who was the worst auctioneer that you have seen?

Started by monkeybusiness

7 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 11:26:38 AM
by Sidewinder
xx
This is the worst time of the

Started by bwd111

4 Replies
Last post February 20, 2012, 05:05:51 PM
by money4nothing