Storage Auctions

Beach Boys Items Up for Sale....AGAIN !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Beach Boys Items Up for Sale....AGAIN !
« on: March 30, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »
Surf's up !

classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2013/03/21/massive-collection-of-archival-beach-boys-documents-going-on-auction-block/

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Beach Boys Items Up for Sale....AGAIN !
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:00:11 AM »
So if you didn't keep flooding the board with all of these fairly lame articles that we already read elsewhere, would you say your post count would only be 500 to 1000 or more like 1000 to 1500?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »
So if you didn't keep flooding the board with all of these fairly lame articles that we already read elsewhere, would you say your post count would only be 500 to 1000 or more like 1000 to 1500?

If I didn't keep "flooding" the forum with "lame" articles there would be even LESS to read. Now if anyone could just change the dynamics of forum usage (in all internet forums) and get the 90% of non-posters to actually say something, there might be more going on, but that's not going to happen.

Frankly, there's so little to be said that is NEW about the storage auction business, it's surprising there's anything to say.

And FINALLY (yeah, right) the newbies haven't read everything and there's truly no way of knowing WHO has read WHAT.

As to post count, I doubt that's a consideration at this time. Any long time member who has maintained any kind of history here could have a high post count...most of them are too busy paying inflated prices at auctions...or they have abandoned the business altogether.....or at least that's my theory.  ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 01:25:22 AM »
That's a bunch of lame excuses if you asked me. 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:55:14 AM »
That's a bunch of lame excuses if you asked me.

Well, there are excuses and there are reasons.

You don't think the following is a reason to post articles links about the beach boys, Storage Wars "news" and a survey coming out from one of the other storage forums ?

"Frankly, there's so little to be said that is NEW about the storage auction business, it's surprising there's anything to say."

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
Just like any normal person, I think it's nice to be able to read an interesting article here and there.
Just like any normal person, I think it's a major annoyance to log into a forum and be inundated with 2 dozen news articles to wade through just because someone doesn't have a life outside of a forum.
:P

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
Just like any normal person, I think it's nice to be able to read an interesting article here and there.
Just like any normal person, I think it's a major annoyance to log into a forum and be inundated with 2 dozen news articles to wade through just because someone doesn't have a life outside of a forum.

Actually, it was 16, but who's counting ?  As far as a major annoyance goes, I didn't realize a gun was being held to your head until you clicked on each one. When you see they are from me, why not just ignore them?

In response to your "....life outside a forum" note. There are 24 hours in a day and I'm awake about 18 of them each day...plenty of time to get on the forum off and on throughout the day and still get other things done. How do you spend your time....buying and cleaning out lockers every day of the week?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »

Technically, he only averages about 21 hours a month on the forum. Plenty of time to do other things.  :o

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »
Well, this is the score of a lifetime folks....this is the reason we do what we do.

The collection is worth an estimated several million dollars. The items were stored since the 1970's. The Beach Boys themselves tried to get "legal ownership" over the memorabilia but a judge said it was a fair find and awarded it to the buyer. It's going up for auction again on May 15th.

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/20/17838087-beach-boys-memorabilia-found-in-storage-locker-goes-up-for-auction

xx
do you tag items at your garage sale?

Started by rulesforrebels

11 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 06:05:34 PM
by Leota
xx
Name the items you find that have high retail value but poor re-sale value?

Started by Cobia

12 Replies
Last post February 11, 2014, 10:56:33 PM
by Travis
xx
Facebook Page for Storage Wars New York for The Boys & The Dog

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 02:02:05 PM
by Travis
xx
Hello from Va Beach Va