Storage Auctions

October Posting Contest - $50 Gift Card

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: October Posting Contest - $50 Gift Card
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
Contest results are in.

This months winner is StorageAuctionFinds.

StorageAuctionFinds (send me a PM with your name, address & what retailer you want the gift card to.)

Here are the totals. I don't think anyone was actually trying too hard this month.
StorageAuctionFinds   8
alloro   7
HomeGrownPromos   1
MovieMan   5
calcoastgal   1
ncali   1
Voice of Reason    1
rulesforrebels   7
mhuynh9   1

Just for future reference and so the ground rules are clear, do you guys care if Alloro participates in these contests?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
They're there to run the price up, while we as buyers want the price to stay down. Any regular storage action buyer is at odds with both auctioneers and facility managers at every unit auctioned. They're not going to come here and give us the benefit of their wisdom on how to buy a unit for less, now are they?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:53 PM »
They're there to run the price up, while we as buyers want the price to stay down. Any regular storage action buyer is at odds with both auctioneers and facility managers at every unit auctioned. They're not going to come here and give us the benefit of their wisdom on how to buy a unit for less, now are they?

No, but I think they can contribute a lot of valuable information to the forum. Especially in terms policies, procedures and laws. Plus, I think it would be interesting to hear about storage auction from their point of view. Inevitably, any information they reveal will help us become better buyers.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
Yeah...okay...you hang onto that thought.

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
I lurk on a storage facility forum once in a while. While there is not a lot of talk about auctions I have gained some knowledge on how they work from their side.  I mostly read because of the funny and weird stuff that happens at the facility and auctions.
Friending managers can be a good thing. I have one manager that really likes me. Last week she had a move out that left some things in the unit. She called and asked if I would be interested. I told her I would be in the following day to look. That morning she called and said they had loaded the stuff into a Uhaul and would bring it to me. So far in one week I have made over $150 on stuff that I put no work into. I have found in my area that most owners/managers just want the units cleaned out so they can rent again.

xx
September Contest - $50 Gift Card

Started by Travis

26 Replies
Last post October 03, 2013, 11:02:28 AM
by alloro
clip
December Posting Contest

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post November 18, 2013, 10:19:16 AM
by bwd111