Storage Auctions

Storage Auction story tonight on KCRA-TV, Sacramento, CA

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Auction story tonight on KCRA-TV, Sacramento, CA
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »
Just saw a promo for a storage auction story featuring "Forrest" the auctioneer which will be aired on channel 3, KCRA-TV tonight, September 1, 2011 at either 5 or 6 pm.  That is the NBC affiliate in Sac and is carried on cable and sattellite systems through a 200 mile range in northern CA.

Clip showed Forrest doing his spiel to a large crowd and then people rummaging through their purchased lkr. Just what we need in our area....more "newbs" crowding the aisles.  :o

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Re: Storage Auction story tonight on KCRA-TV, Sacramento, CA
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:23:45 AM »
And the newbs just cant wait to pay retail prices.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:09:47 PM »
I was traveling for work last night and missed it.  But I see it is on their website (www.kcra.com), but I am blocked from video here at work.  I'll watch it later tonight.  Thanks for letting us know. 

I've only been to a few auctions, but Forrest was one of them.  He was very friendly, let people take their time looking, and a font of information and stories.  Quite a contrast to the J. Michaels auctioneer I did a circuit with (that guy also appeared as an auctioneer on Auction Hunters, so I guess he travels all over CA).

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:20:31 PM »
I was traveling for work last night and missed it.  But I see it is on their website (www.kcra.com), but I am blocked from video here at work.  I'll watch it later tonight.  Thanks for letting us know. 

I've only been to a few auctions, but Forrest was one of them.  He was very friendly, let people take their time looking, and a font of information and stories.  Quite a contrast to the J. Michaels auctioneer I did a circuit with (that guy also appeared as an auctioneer on Auction Hunters, so I guess he travels all over CA).

Are you sure the auctioneer you saw on Auction Hunters was from J. Michael's?  John Cardoza (of his own company) is seen in the opening credits now ("sold 'em out, 2,100") and he is an irritating person, but then so is "Ron" or as we call him "Bald, fat Ron" of J. Michael's.

I'll post the KCRA link so people can watch it.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
Here's the link for the Forrest auction in Antelope, CA.

http://www.kcra.com/video/29055786/detail.html

There may be some others; I'll take a look.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
Are you sure the auctioneer you saw on Auction Hunters was from J. Michael's?  John Cardoza (of his own company) is seen in the opening credits now ("sold 'em out, 2,100") and he is an irritating person, but then so is "Ron" or as we call him "Bald, fat Ron" of J. Michael's.

I've only seen him once, but he has dark but graying hair and matching mustache and wears sunglasses.  I didn't catch his name.  He put everyone in line and wouldn't let anyone stop in front of the lockers.  You had to keep moving at all times.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »
I've only seen him once, but he has dark but graying hair and matching mustache and wears sunglasses.  I didn't catch his name.  He put everyone in line and wouldn't let anyone stop in front of the lockers.  You had to keep moving at all times.

That sounds like the owner of J. Michael's (I think his name is Mike, but not sure). If this was about 6 to 8 weeks ago it might have been when he came up from southern CA to take up some slack caused by Jeff going in for heart surgery.
Meanwhile, "bald, fat Ron" is now doing his route plus Jeff's.

Probably him because I have never seen Cardoza wear sunglasses.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »
That girl bought a locker that was 99% dump.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 10:37:56 PM »
They should have paid her to haul that locker off. The last thing she said was "you gotta make money somehow". Let me give her some good advice...#1 you aren't making money when you spend $175 on garbage and have to pay a $30 dump fee. #2 just because the boxes have dust on them it doesn't make the contents more valuable. Dusty clothing from the 1980's, veneer end tables & VHS tapes aren't selling too hot these days, let alone rusty old tires and a couch I wouldn't let my dog sleep on. It looks like she has been watching too many reruns of Storage Wars.

xx
New Storage Wars Tonight 10:30 eastern on A&E

Started by The Young Gun

10 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 11:03:54 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Legally Required Auction Notices in Sacramento area

Started by stanleywhatnots

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2011, 09:59:51 PM
by gravell