Storage Auctions

At what point does the units contents become property of the storage company?

This is a very important question.

Most say when SOLD is said...

Are we sure of that?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
It never becomes the property of the storage company. It's the property of the person that leased the storage unit, then it becomes the legal property of the high bidder at the auction.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
It never becomes the property of the storage company. It's the property of the person that leased the storage unit, then it becomes the legal property of the high bidder at the auction.

Not so fast! In my state the facility owner is not required to auction of the contents of storage units. Once they have met all the legal requirements, they can take possesion of the contents. This is how some facilities in my area do and are known for going through units and taking the good stuff out. They take possession one month and then auction it off the next month.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Not so fast! In my state the facility owner is not required to auction of the contents of storage units. Once they have met all the legal requirements, they can take possesion of the contents. This is how some facilities in my area do and are known for going through units and taking the good stuff out. They take possession one month and then auction it off the next month.
Same here in my state! And it's legal if the storage companys goes through the unit due to its theres property nowand they choose to dispose to there choose.

Ditto!!

xx
Is it legal to keep property owned by a rental company?

Started by Travis

21 Replies
Last post December 17, 2013, 09:40:27 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Dave Hester Wants To Start His Own Storage Auction Company !

Started by MovieMan

11 Replies
Last post May 11, 2013, 11:05:11 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Property insurance and storage auctions

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2014, 07:58:03 PM
by Travis
xx
Storage Auction company donates to charity to fight cancer