Storage Auctions

Idea to sell the unsellable crt and vhs

Idea to sell the unsellable crt and vhs
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »
So we had a thought....

No one buys CRT TV's, or VCR and VHS tapes.  But we found a good combination that were going to try.

1 CRT tv
1 VCR
40 VHS tapes....all animated and kid stuff.

Sell it as "Recover your TV from the kids" and put $20 on it. 

Think it will sell? 

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Idea to sell the unsellable crt and vhs
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:21:48 PM »
That's a pretty good idea.

I have actually had good luck selling tube televisions lately. Just put them on Craigslist for $20 and wait. Someone who is just starting out or who needs something temporary will buy it just because it's cheap.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
I just sold two 32 inch CRT tV's for 20 bucks, better then nothing.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »
I still sell the older TVs and VCRs. VHS tapes I do trash however. Its not out of the realm of possibility to still get $50 bucks for the bigger "Flat screen big back" models.

And the huge 60'' floor model TVs are still a solid $100 around here.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »

And the huge 60'' floor model TVs are still a solid $100 around here.

In my area if you can get one of those particle board based monsters in a locker for $5 you can made money as the local electronics recycle place pays $.06 cents a pound for tvs and computers. Since most of the weight in those old big screens is particle board it's an easy way (relatively) to get rid of it and still make some money.

The big screens that sell at thrift stores and flea markets here are all flat screens, but just like Costco, Walmart, Target there are a ton of them to choose from.

The old CRT sets weigh a ton too and when I do buy a locker now and again I just take them to scrap. They don't bring $20 here and of course take up a lot of space and lifting in a flea market situation or even selling on cList.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »
Yep, those big dinosaur TVs sometimes can still bring upwards of $100 here. They need to be working AND near mint condition. Most everyone on the auction trail groans and mentions dump runs when they see them but I figure if they work I can get $50 so I don't immediately shy away from a unit that has them. Smaller CRT TVs still sell but cheap. Something larger then 32" maybe $20, smaller $5-$10, smaller then 19" $1-$3.

Disney VHS tapes were still selling about a year ago but now even that's dried up. No VHS tapes are worth keeping around to sell anymore. Stand alone VHS players still bring $1-$5.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »
Yep, those big dinosaur TVs sometimes can still bring upwards of $100 here. They need to be working AND near mint condition. Most everyone on the auction trail groans and mentions dump runs when they see them but I figure if they work I can get $50 so I don't immediately shy away from a unit that has them. Smaller CRT TVs still sell but cheap. Something larger then 32" maybe $20, smaller $5-$10, smaller then 19" $1-$3.

Disney VHS tapes were still selling about a year ago but now even that's dried up. No VHS tapes are worth keeping around to sell anymore. Stand alone VHS players still bring $1-$5.

Even those prices are surprising. A VHS player will still bring $10-$15 here, 13 inch TVs at least 10 bucks and I would say increasing by 10 dollars every 10 inches, especially if it has a remote or HDMI ports. I do agree about the VHS tapes though, even Disney is pretty iffy.

xx
New non retail store idea............

Started by Ironman

5 Replies
Last post November 29, 2011, 12:45:51 AM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Anyone have any idea what this is or value? 3D Sculpture / Painting Of Last Supp

Started by rulesforrebels

3 Replies
Last post January 09, 2013, 09:50:11 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Bought some interesting items... But have no idea of the prices, help?

Started by Bird

3 Replies
Last post May 23, 2012, 03:09:27 PM
by Alias300
xx
Is it still a good idea to invest in precious metals / stones?

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post December 18, 2012, 11:24:54 AM
by Travis