Storage Auctions

Taken the dive into uncharted waters....

Taken the dive into uncharted waters....
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »
We have taken the dive into the waters of selling in a vender's store.  $100.00 a month and  no sales comm.
10 x 10 stall with all peg boards installed. It's a new place that they are trying to get started up and it's in not to bad of a location.  No junk/junk  just good/junk.  Easier then selling at a yard sale, getting to old of moving stuff. 

Re: Taken the dive into uncharted waters....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:10:04 PM »
Wow sounds like a good deal. Hope it does great for you. Keep us posted.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:24:50 AM »
I found out that she has a big are that she reserves for larger items, but she will take a 10% cut on that.  I  think that will work out good for us, since we have alot of big stuff we need sold.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
Awesome! I've been looking for a space like that for a while now! Our indoor spaces at the flea market have a waiting list. They're estimating I'll get my shot in a couple of YEARS!  :o I'm hoping to open my own store by then..

In any event, I wish you the best of luck! Take full advantage and keep your shelves full!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
A 10 x 10 area with peg boards = smalls / electronics / movies.  That is doable for $100 a month flat fee.  10% for large item consignment is just AWSOME.  I'd be all over that if had something like that in my area.  All the stores that I have talked to it's 50%.  At 10% I could buy furniture at yardsale, etc. and sell it there for a nice profit even after the commision.

Good luck to ya.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
It's working out OK.  Took some more junk (stuff) down that and alot was sold.  Dropped off that apartment Ref. and it sold the next day.  Alot easier then the flea market on better stuff.  I tell you what, I'm tired of the selling, I need another fix on buying another unit....LOL

xx
Article - A Deep Dive into Storage Auctions

Started by alloro

0 Replies
Last post October 20, 2013, 11:31:56 AM
by alloro
xx
Article: "A Deep Dive into Storage Auctions"

Started by alloro

1 Replies
Last post September 04, 2013, 10:12:43 AM
by bwd111