Storage Auctions

Woman's touch

Woman's touch
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
Do you guys find that it is useful to have a woman's touch when it comes to setting up a store display or garage sale display?

My wife is too busy these days to help so I see my displays getting less attractive.  I have enlisted some female friends to help.  It could just be me.

Re: Woman's touch
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »
AB-SO-LUTE-LY. My wife comes in every weekend and "fixes" what I've done. Especially in retail, things have to be "shoppable". Clean lines, related items together, small stuff in front, big stuff in back.. These are all things I don't think of. I'm more of a, "if it fits on the table, it goes on the table" kind of guy.

Re: Woman's touch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 11:09:06 AM »
Definitely!  I'm great with buying stuff, researching, marketing, etc, but I can't set up an attractive display to save my life!  I have this semi retired lady working with me now that can make a pile of junk look appealing!  It makes a big difference and customers are always commenting on how great it looks.  I just don't have that "eye" for it......I KNOW what looks good, I just don't know HOW to make it look like that!

xx
Who do you think is more likely to go into foreclosure, a man or a woman?

Started by Travis

24 Replies
Last post September 21, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
by Travis
xx
Woman makes extra effort to return Navy Seal's ashes

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post August 30, 2017, 12:31:19 AM
by MarkSindone
xx
Reno Reporters Fail to Find Treasure at Auctions, but Do Help a Grieving Woman

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post May 15, 2013, 10:25:19 PM
by Travis
xx
Don't touch things in the unit or Don't get caught touching things in the unit?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 10:13:18 AM
by craiglstauction