Storage Auctions

Karma Subtracted

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Karma Subtracted
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »
This thread is in regard to the recently deceased Karma feature here on the forum.

If you have read the threads here at all over the last week or so (especially, Wednesday, September 11, 2013) you know what this is about.

I have placed this in the “forum suggestions” section as it doesn’t really fit anywhere else except maybe the “dump” section; several threads were hijacked big-time with Karma notations but there’s no reason to add this to any of those threads.

Here is the link to Travis’ original thread on the Karma premier:

http://storageauctionforums.com/suggestion-center/karma-added/msg29970/#msg29970

Here are some interesting (to me at least) statistics in regard to the people who could actually click on the Karma buttons:

There are 102 possible people out of over 3,000 who were capable of giving Karma; this is based on the fact that one had to have 25 or more posts before being allowed to give Karma.

The names below shown in red (in 5 pics) are people I have eliminated as being possible Karma givers; this was based on what I know about their recent visitation history here. Sure, I might have made a mistake here or there, but by and large, the ones who are shown in red are probably not people who gave Karma even though they could have due to their 25 + post history.

There are 75 members highlighted in red in the list here. Many of those atained their 25+ posts over a year ago.

Subtract 75 members from 102 possible Karma givers and you have 27 members who were more likely to have given Karma and it’s possible all of them did give Karma but unlikely just from a common sense standpoint; it’s more likely a handful or two actually gave Karma (that’s 5 to 10 people) and…..

....any given Karma giving member could give one Karma an hour to the same other member. In a 16 hour day one could have given 16 positive, negative (or combination) to another member. One was not limited to how many members one could give Karma to in any given day. If you wanted to give 102 positive Karmas to 102 members you could have.

The total number of Karma given was on the order of 40 (both ways for me), 30 (both ways for Travis), 20 or so (both ways for Alloro) and maybe 5 or so (both ways) for another 10 (generous guess-timate) which is a total of 50 for that group. Total of the Karma given (in my rough estimation) was about 140 (give or take…both ways).

These are just numbers (and subject to + or – “x” percent error). You can make anything you want of them…. including nothing at all.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Karma Subtracted
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:55:56 AM »
 :o  You truly have too much time on your hands.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »

Ya think?  Lol...

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »

Half an hour on the laptop while watching tv. Better than just sitting there mindlessly.

Analysis is a good part of making decisions about buying and selling too; never hurts to keep the brain
cells sparking.

edit:

Another Karma factoid:

If one gave a member a negative Karma and at another time gave that member a positive Karma, it would take away the negative. The reverse was true as well.  So if "joebuyer" had a +4 and -2 rating and was then given a + by a person who had given him a - earlier, he would at that new moment be rated +5/-1.

I think that says everything I know (and you CARE to know) about the Karma program (RIP). ;D

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
Put the Karma back! Dont be intimated by people that cant handle it. Now the ones that Complained are in the new club called " Big Babys' and that is how they should be addressed. If you put the karma bac MM can do his little graphs in excel while having the scobby doo theme playing in the back ground so the person that is caught can say "I woulda got away with it if it wasnt for you pesky kids"
And if it helps MM brain cells we are all helping him! Cause like MMan always says there is nothing thinking! I myself feel we are doing Mman a disservice by taking Karma down. Put it to a vote. The mission is called " HELPING MOVIEMANS BRAIN CELLS STAY ALIVE"

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
Put the Karma back! Dont be intimated by people that cant handle it. Now the ones that Complained are in the new club called " Big Babys' and that is how they should be addressed

Boo Hoo !  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »
If you put the karma bac MM can do his little graphs in excel

Be careful what you ask for bwd....I hadn't thought of graphs, but now that you mention it a lot of people do respond better to a VISUAL rather than a DATA based set of information.  ;D

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:33 AM »
Thats why I like Man! He keeps it enetrtaining here and if he ever left I would as well.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 08:50:17 PM »
Man I have been missing some solid posts...I usually only check the main storage related ones. I think this in fact can be classified as some type of solid research. As for the topic of the karma rating itself....a quote by the inventor of the light bulb comes to mind.

xx
Karma Added

Started by Travis

50 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 09:08:08 PM
by Travis
xx
Is buying storage units bad Karma?

Started by Travis

13 Replies
Last post September 02, 2014, 01:43:31 AM
by UdyRegan