Storage Auctions

Terms of Service (TOS) for this website

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Terms of Service (TOS) for this website
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »
TOS have been brought up several times in posts here on the forum. Alloro brought them up once today (10/8/2013) and I forget who brought them up before.

Curious as to what the TOS actually says, I looked for it. The only thing I could find was the "registration agreement" one acknowleges when signing up for the forum.  I have provided a cut and paste for it below.

My questions at this point are:
  Is what I have included here the true TOS?
  If there is a TOS other than what I have provided here, where is it so we can read it?

More observations later after these questions have been answered.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Terms of Service (TOS) for this website
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
Curious as to what the TOS actually says, I looked for it. The only thing I could find was the "registration agreement" one acknowledges when signing up for the forum.  I have provided a cut and paste for it below.

My questions at this point are:
  Is what I have included here the true TOS?

Assuming you've done a cut and paste without any modifications to the context, then yes the Registration Agreement you posted is the TOS if only by another name. The Registration Agreement/TOS spells out the terms which have to be agreed to in order to obtain membership to this site.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
Assuming you've done a cut and paste without any modifications to the context, then yes the Registration Agreement you posted is the TOS if only by another name. The Registration Agreement/TOS spells out the terms which have to be agreed to in order to obtain membership to this site.

Yes, the cut and paste was done without any modifications being made to it. To do otherwise would have been pointless.

I will post my observations and questions either later today or sometime tomorrow as life does extend beyond these bounds.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
While we're waiting here's my first suggestion.

How about asking Travis to create a locked section entitled TERMS OF SERVICE (or something like that) and putting the TOS into it.  That way anyone who was interested could find it by looking at the main menu.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
How about asking Travis

Feel free, you don't need me or anyone else to do that. Unless you're not on speaking terms for some reason?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
Feel free, you don't need me or anyone else to do that. Unless you're not on speaking terms for some reason?

I thought, as global moderator, you might want to suggest it, but since he drops in on a fairly regular basis I'm sure he'll read the threads of the last few days....once he gets his locker buys listed.

As to "....not on speaking terms for some reason?"...as long as I provide a controversy once a month he's happy. It's like the news on tv, if it was all hearts and flowers the ratings would go down !  ;D

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Best thing is DONT OVERTHINK IT

xx
Great Auctioneer's Website - Says tv show is a lie & posts non payers on website

Started by rulesforrebels

8 Replies
Last post April 04, 2011, 05:39:35 AM
by Travis
xx
My own website

Started by KatPsen

8 Replies
Last post November 02, 2011, 02:45:03 PM
by bwd111
xx
How much does your service cost?