Storage Auctions

Share button in left margin?

Share button in left margin?
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
What is this thing? I haven't clicked on it but it keeps showing facebook, twitter etc. When that happens the page locks up and I have to refresh. I have been on here for 15 minutes and have had to refresh 4 times. Getting very irritated.  ???

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Share button in left margin?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »
When is the last time you updated your adobe flash player, or Java?

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:00:19 PM »
Had issues with this computer last week. I ran an outside virus scanner, deleted all history, un-installed both java and adobe flash player and re-installed. Everything has been fine with the computer since I did that.

If I put my cursor on the share the list pops out. I assume this is how it is supposed to work. What I am having a problem with is that the list is posting over the share button and locking the screen up.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
It did the same thing to me last night. The social media buttons started moving on their own and all buttons on the site we not responding. After each page loaded, I had to wait about 30 seconds before buttons started working again. I contacted our programmer but he couldn't find anything wrong with the site. The problem went away for me about 30 minutes later. Not sure if it's a hosting or browser issue. If anyone else notices this issue, please report it here so that we can tack down the problem.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »
It just did it to me again. This is what I can tell you as I was really paying attention.

If my cursor is at the right side of the page everything is fine. I could click on whatever is in the last post field. It will take me to the last post and everything is fine until I use the back button. Then I have the same problem.

If I get any closer to the left side the list pops out over the share button and i cannot do anything but refresh. Gotta love technology.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 05:25:33 PM »
I think that rules out a server issue. Perhaps it's a issue with slow connections. Not saying you have slow service or anything but I've noticed that even fast internet service slows at certain times of the day. Mainly around the time kids are getting home from school.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 11:18:44 PM »
It's 9:18pm and still having the same problem. Oh well just have to become friends with the refresh button.  :-[

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »
Sorry, I wish I knew what was causing it. It only effected me once for about thirty minutes. Have you tried accessing the forum on another computer or mobile device? Have you had problems with this every time you've logged in or does it come and go?

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »
I'm having the same problem as Calcoastgal. Yesterday the pages kept freezing up so I just gave up. Today is the same and I am able to get it going again with the refresh also but kind of annoying. I frequently have issues with my wireless connection so I had just assumed it was about that.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
It's 9:18pm and still having the same problem.

Have you cleared both of your Temp folders on your computer and deleted all temporary internet files?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 01:29:29 PM »
Yeah, I agree with Alloro. Try clearing all history including your cache and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, I'll uninstall the share widget and see if that makes a difference.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »
Same thing happens to me to...I read a post, go back and I cant do anything else unless I refresh the page.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »
I just contacted our programmer and asked him to uninstall the share button. Should be gone soon. Truth be told, I never really liked that thing anyway.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
Okay, the share button has been removed. Is anyone still experiencing any issues?

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 08:53:30 PM »
No, everything is fine now, thanks!

xx
Top Buyers Share Info

Started by StorageTreasures

11 Replies
Last post October 30, 2012, 05:58:22 PM
by Travis
xx
Questions for you left coasters.

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post September 14, 2011, 06:12:11 AM
by Travis
xx
Vault Auction Scam - Please Share

Started by LosAngelesGuy

5 Replies
Last post November 01, 2011, 12:41:57 PM
by judy79
xx
Have you ever left negative feedback on another seller?

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post February 22, 2014, 09:49:13 PM
by alloro