Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Getting ready to leave "the other job"
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Hey guys, havn't been around lately as much as I used to. I'm finally getting ready to leave "the other job" was planning on doing it back in august but have some things up in the air, looks like its getting pushed back to November but in the very near future going to be leaving the other job. It's acutally to focus on my other business however my other business doesn't really require m-f 9-5 so thinking about getting more heavily back into auctions hitting a few auctions a week and trying to roll that in to my current ecomerce business. Also figure as long as I'm not tied down by a job and have much more freetime I'll be sitting in my own office all day so have plenty of time to have craigslist people stop by, figure I'm going to be there most of the day anyway so why not take advantage and really try to hustle cl. In the past I didn't try to hard as I have limited time and the flakes turn me off to really trying to hustle on cl but as long as I'm sitting in my own office all day and can have people come by anytime if they show they show if they dont they dont doesn't waste my time. Been kinda out of the loop only hitting occasional auctions and treating it more like a hobby shopping for my home than a business lately so will be good to get back into it. I would love to incorporate a retail store into my current business however it seems like once you open the doors to retail you have a lot more headaches in terms of having to get a city business license, my city is pretty strict about signage and stupid stuff. With an office you don't have all those requirements and cheaper as well so figure I'll just have an office and do some cl hustling. I'll have to report back on how things are going.

Re: Getting ready to leave "the other job"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
sounds fun! I went full time awhile back(been doing it part time almost 20 years) and havent looked back since. I'm still looking for that one nice honey hole that'll pay my salary for the year, but until then i'm paying the bills and making some money. what area are you in?

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:07:45 PM »
sounds fun! I went full time awhile back(been doing it part time almost 20 years) and havent looked back since. I'm still looking for that one nice honey hole that'll pay my salary for the year, but until then i'm paying the bills and making some money. what area are you in?

Did you have a hard time finally pulling the trigger and leaving. I've been preparing to leave for quite a while. I never really had any entrepreneurs in my family so the whole you need a stable paycheck and insurance has been drilled in my head as long as I can remember.

Financially speaking I made more last month than my entire years salary at my day job granted my day job isn't a good one but its a stable paycheck with health, dental and a 401k. I'm having a hard time however wrapping my head around what I will do with myself without being forced to get up and go to work and just not having a forced obligation like I have my whole life.

My situation is a little unique in some external factors with my  business I'm dealing with which are somewhat out of my control but in terms of sales and making money things couldn't be better

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »
Did you have a hard time finally pulling the trigger and leaving. I've been preparing to leave for quite a while. I never really had any entrepreneurs in my family so the whole you need a stable paycheck and insurance has been drilled in my head as long as I can remember.

Financially speaking I made more last month than my entire years salary at my day job granted my day job isn't a good one but its a stable paycheck with health, dental and a 401k. I'm having a hard time however wrapping my head around what I will do with myself without being forced to get up and go to work and just not having a forced obligation like I have my whole life.

My situation is a little unique in some external factors with my  business I'm dealing with which are somewhat out of my control but in terms of sales and making money things couldn't be better

You can always sign up for Obama-care to get the health insurance and you'll find something to fill your time with. Maybe go to they gym, find a new hobby, etc.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »
I'm having a hard time however wrapping my head around what I will do with myself without being forced to get up and go to work and just not having a forced obligation like I have my whole life.

Trust me, it's liberating! I haven't worked a regular job in 7 years and I don't miss it. It's feels wonderful to do what you want, when you want and not have to answer to anyone but yourself.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 05:44:53 AM »
Always leave any job that seems like a dead end and you will do fine in life. I have always believed that this is a great way to find success.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
Trust me, it's liberating! I haven't worked a regular job in 7 years and I don't miss it. It's feels wonderful to do what you want, when you want and not have to answer to anyone but yourself.

You ever feel the stress of knowing there's no guranteed paycheck or do you thrive on that? I find myself getting a little nervious at times but trying to get a few different hustles going so if one thing slows down I still have other stuff going on.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »
You ever feel the stress of knowing there's no guranteed paycheck or do you thrive on that? I find myself getting a little nervious at times but trying to get a few different hustles going so if one thing slows down I still have other stuff going on.

Up until recently, no. The income from the subscription model was almost like a guaranteed income until we got hacked. But even when I was buying storage units full time, never really worried. Just gave the first 10% of my earnings to God and I always had more than enough. The blessings were constant, so I never really worried.

xx
GoogleTrends analysis of interest in the term "Online Storage Auctions"

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:06:27 AM
by MovieMan
xx
More good storys "Fake Storage Wars loses its luster"

Started by bwd111

1 Replies
Last post December 22, 2011, 11:22:25 PM
by monkeybusiness