Storage Auctions

2 States Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use!

Re: 2 States Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 06:03:19 PM »
I can see the new vehicular laws now:

DWI=Driving While Intoxicated
DWT=Driving While Toking

We have a DUI law.....Driving Under the Influence, that basically covers alcohol and drugs. 

One of the contentious points of the law was how they determined the standards for a DUI based on a blood test.  If you like to toke it up a lot, you may go over the limit, even though you aren't high. 

Article here explains it:

tokeofthetown.com/2012/11/how_to_avoid_a_marijuana_dui_charge_under_was_i-50.php

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »
I know that you guys probably could care less but did anyone else notice that the Google Adsense ads quit showing about the same time we started talking about Marijuana?

I might have to delete this subject if that's what it turns out to be. I'm waiting on an email from Google now.  

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 12:36:02 AM »
If you work for the railroad it does not matter how long it was in your system your fired unless you say that you have a problem and go to rehab for 30 days. The second time you are tested hot you are gone and the union is not involved due to a national agreement signed along time ago. The R.R. have a 0 tolerance policy on most properties.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 01:39:39 AM »
notice that the Google Adsense ads quit showing about the same time we started talking about Marijuana?

I might have to delete this subject if that's what it turns out to be.

I noticed they disappeared when the header/logo was changed. As to deleting this thread, I would sure hope you're not planning on knuckling into censorship.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 08:32:44 AM »
How do I find the Adsense generator code? The ad mod that is installed on the forum allows me to cut and past my Adsense code and everything looks correct there.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »
Just because the state allows the legal us of marijuana doesn't mean as an employee you are no longer subject to the rules and terms of a "drug-free" workplace.

You have agreed in your employment contract to uphold the terms mandated by the employeer/insurance carrier in a "drug-free" workplace.

The state deciding to no longer prosecute you for the use and possession (small amounts) of marijuana is irrelevent.

I can't think of anyone (adult) who doesn't already use marijuana who is going to start now just because it is legal.

Those who already use and work for employees with a drug-free workplace policy probably already have ways to get around the testing.

As far as an on-the-job injury, if you are currently using marijuana at a drug-free workplace you are already rolling the dice as to whether or not you will recieve benefits if hurt on the job. Violating the drug-free workplace policy will exclude you from receiving compensation for an injury.

You are still responsible for your actions whether or not using marijuana is legal. If you are involved in an accident and the investigators determine you where under the influence of a controlled substance, it will be up to you to prove your own innocence.

One of the things that happen everyday is people being found negligent in accidents do to taking what could be considered very common prescription drugs that should have little to no side effects.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »
Thanks...I've got a pro working on it now. This is what I get for attempting to modify code on my own. From now on, I'm going to stick to storage auction schedules. This kind of reminds me of that Nexium commercial: "You wouldn't want your doctor doing your job, so why are you doing hers?"

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »
StorMe, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about computers/coding. Is that your "other job" or just a hobby?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
Sorry about hijacking this thread everybody, we got a little off subject there.

So has anyone found a fairly large quantity of marijuana in a storage unit?

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 02:14:22 PM »
Sorry about hijacking this thread everybody, we got a little off subject there.

So has anyone found a fairly large quantity of marijuana in a storage unit?

Nice try, Sonny Crockett!  ;)

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
No weed.  But came across grow equipment.  A LOT of grow equipment.
The price went thru the roof!

I had to talk a regular out of biding higher.  It was all old **** that really doesn't sell for all that much.
You can get LED lights now that use 10% of the power, low heat and can controll light spectrum from blue to red to promot growth or budding for under $200.  Who the heck wants those big a** halide things....
".................
The coming year is going to be interesting on how the fed's react.  We already have a huge community that grows medical marijuana, store fronts that accepts "donations" for getting your 'medicine'.

But if the Feds don't back off who is going to put their name down as being a grower or seller for the state?

It would basically be a Federal Bust list!   You might as well call the DEA and say you got 1000 plants at such-n-such addy......

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
Nice try, Sonny Crockett!  ;)

I prefer Dr. Spencer Reid. The only thing that is still cool that was on Miami Vice is the Chris Craft. Perhaps even the Testarossa and the white sports jacket but that's pushing it! Does anyone even remember Tubs real name?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »
But if the Feds don't back off who is going to put their name down as being a grower or seller for the state?

It would basically be a Federal Bust list!   You might as well call the DEA and say you got 1000 plants at such-n-such addy......

Just look at Mendocino County. All of the growers there are licensed yet the Feds aren't going after them. They're already under funded. Add a few thousand more growers and the likelihood of them ever messing with you is slim to none. 

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
I'm not talking small co-ops.  I can legally grow up to 45 plants now.  I don't but if I did I wouldn't stress the Feds would bust down my door over it.

Talking when a grower decide to supply state approved stores.   Have 100's if not 1000's of plants, or stores with pounds of stock, all listed down with your name, addy, grow location.....easy bust for fed's.

Like I said, gonna be interesting how the  state goes about drafting the regulation and how the Feds react to them.    If he Feds are cool with it I'd consider growing.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »
I'm sure Oaksterdam university is booked solid for the distant future.

xx
Top Ten States by Number of Storage Facilities

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post December 01, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Any states that cut the ORIGINAL lock in front of you?

Started by ARKDEAN

10 Replies
Last post December 22, 2011, 01:26:37 PM
by bwd111
xx
Top 10 Self Storage Companies in the United States

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 09:50:55 AM
by Travis
xx
Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions