Storage Auctions

A man bag that's great for storage auctions UTG Messenger Bag By Leapers

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Not sure if you guys run into this problem but always have my pockets full with crap and have stuff flying all over the car when I'm going from auction to auction all day long. I picked up one of these bags a while back and love it.

Smaller than a backpack. I also like that it can hang on your hip instead of back so can keep money in there and know it won't get snatched. I keep gloves, hat, flashlight, mp3 player, several locks and keys, smokes, waterbottle, phone and maybe a magazine for when sitting around waiting for auctions.

It's actually meant to be a conceal carry bag and has a concealed pocket with velcro for a velcro holster to keep all that cash safe as well if your in a CCW state.  Also you feel like less of a woman carring a gun bag than a man purse lol.

Anyhow, I really like it, it keeps me organized, is conveneint and keeps me from losing things.

I don't sell these bags nor do I make any kickback from them so nothing to gain, just giving some helpful advice. I used to be an aamazon affiliate so made a whole 3% but they cancelled the program in my state so make nothing. The bags are cheap too  you can pick one up for about $23 on ebay free shipping too. Its a knock off of the maxpedition bag but same quality. You can also buy all types of extra clips and things that can attach to the bag.

I did a review on my site as well as ebay if your interested in taking a look

http://rulesforrebels.blogspot.com/2010/12/product-review-of-utg-messenger-bag-by.html

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
I personally dont use one of those bags, mostly because I just dont like them. I use a single strap back pack or side pack I guess it would be. Keep my locks, keys, flashlight, glove, drink, smokes, and a spreadsheet of all the auctions going on for that day. My money I keep in my front pocket.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah I got a single strap columbia I've had forever, goes to jamaica, the beach, work, etc. Things been patched up, sewed and super glued so many times.

This bag is kinda nice just for auctions. The water bottle holder is perfect for a maglite and keeps it easy to get to. Got lots of clips and straps on the outside for locks. Also easy to toss in to the car when your hopping in and out going from auction to auction.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Rules, first it was high heels, now it's a purse. What's next, an operation?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Rules, first it was high heels, now it's a purse. What's next, an operation?

Travis, don't make me break out that picture of you !  ;D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I'll do it for you.

Good review, bag looks to bulky to me. Just means I'd lug more crap thru an auction than I need. But nice idea anyway.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I use a similar side sling pack. I put in locks, light, sometimes my money (in a smaller bank type bag), printed list of
today's auctions, camera.

I like a bag because all the weight is then supported by the shoulders. I see guys with locks (as many as SIX) hanging from their belt loops....guess they are optimistic!  I carry two locks in the bag and another batch in the car.

With a bag, everything is in one place.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
So, movieman, you're at like 770 posts right now, what happens when you get to 1000? Maybe your account gets reset to zero or something. So is there another level? Does Drew just give you another star and a pat on the back? Ata boy!

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
Good review, bag looks to bulky to me. Just means I'd lug more crap thru an auction than I need. But nice idea anyway.

Thanks ironman. Yeah it is a little bulkier than I thought it would be. I wanted smoething that was smaller than a backpack. This is definately smaller than a backpack but a little bulier than I thought it would be when I recieved it.

It is a little bit thicker than I would like but overall I'm pretty happy with it as a bag to carry when I dont wanna carry a backpack. I also like that it rests on your hip in addition to your back as I can keep my money in there and keep my eye on the bag and my hand over it although people would have to open a clip and 3 zippers to get to it anyway.

I also like the hip aspect of it in that its quicker and easier to throw off and fling into the car than taking a pack off.

If you like the concept of it there's also a pretty cool bag that seems a little smaller called the tactical hipster. I think they sell it on amazon. Both of tehse are under $25 last time I checked.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
So, movieman, you're at like 770 posts right now, what happens when you get to 1000? Maybe your account gets reset to zero or something. So is there another level? Does Drew just give you another star and a pat on the back? Ata boy!

What happens when I (or anyone) hit 1,000 posts? 

Well, first skyrockets burst in the air over each state capitol.
Then Congress declares a national holiday and extends amnesty to Bernie Madoff.

Other than that, not much, but the 5,000th post, now THAT'S a different story.  ;D

As to another level, who knows....certainly not my goal.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
What happens at 5000 posts? Drew makes you a partner and shares the revenue? No offense Drew, but without Movieman, who knows where this forum would be. I think he deserves a reward. How about hiring him a stripper?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
What happens at 5000 posts? Drew makes you a partner and shares the revenue? No offense Drew, but without Movieman, who knows where this forum would be. I think he deserves a reward. How about hiring him a stripper?

At 5,000 posts the fireworks go off in all European capitols; at 10,000 China, India, Austrailia, etc join the party
with similar displays.

Now as to that stripper...I often wondered how you lost all your hair....having that beauty on top of you just "popped" it right out....the hair I mean.

As for me, I'd settle for a decent locker I could double my money on.  ;D

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
In addition to Natinoal Holidays, Nobel Peace Prizes, World Peace, and Children not going Hungry we will all congregate here at 7:00 p.m. sharp on that day.

We will eat a virtual cake together and I've arranged for a webcam girl to put on a show for movieman. SHe's going to use the purple anal beads I found in a locker a few months ago.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I actually do still have hair, I just choose to shave my head. But yeah, she did weigh a lot though. Kidding, it's a Google image. Someone needs to tell that poor chap that he is one sick puppy.

xx
last couple of auctions have been great

Started by Dustin Rust

5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 10:16:07 AM
by alloro
xx
Great article my newspaper did on the storage auction bussiness

Started by bwd111

3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 01:12:47 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Great news article on msn today on how storage shows are ruining it for everyone

Started by bwd111

3 Replies
Last post October 04, 2012, 10:45:46 PM
by StorageTreasures
xx
Great debate with a storage facility owner on S.B.690 of the TX. Property Code.

Started by Travis

33 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 09:29:52 PM
by Mr Andersen