Storage Auctions

Alibaba IPO could be largest in U.S. History

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Alibaba IPO could be largest in U.S. History
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:30:22 AM »
One of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Alibaba.com, filed paperwork with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 05/06. Analysts say this could be the largest IPO in U.S. history.

I've used Alibaba a few times. It's a great resource if you're looking for low-cost product to resell.

Has anyone else used Alibaba?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Alibaba IPO could be largest in U.S. History
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »
I've used them from time to time, but quite frankly I don't see a whole lot of savings with them. From what I see it's like the difference between going to Wal-Mart or going to Target. Depending on what and when you're buying, one or the other could be more or less.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »
I guess it depends on what and how much of something you're buying. When buying pool tables by the shipping container, I was able to pick them up from a Chinese manufacturer for about $100 a piece. If I recall correctly, even after shipping costs, they we're cheaper than I could by them in the states. 

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »
I repair electronics. I found some repair components for 1/2 to 1/3 of what a US distributor would charge. I'm talking about things like a power output module that I can get PP for about $35 instead of $80+.
Since I occasionally buy through them, I get their e-mails hawking jewelry and fancy clothes which I have no interest in. You would think with the data of stuff I buy they could target their (or their resalers) merchandise to my interest.

xx
Anybody buy off of Alibaba.com / aliexpress.com?

Started by HomeGrownPromos

1 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 03:12:37 PM
by alloro
xx
What's the largest donation you've ever made?

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post August 03, 2014, 12:02:15 PM
by alloro
xx
What is the largest total $ value of US stamps you have ever gotten in a locker?

Started by MovieMan

7 Replies
Last post November 07, 2013, 06:58:28 PM
by Travis
clip
Why I Take History With A Grain of Salt

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post May 12, 2017, 09:17:56 AM
by Travis