Storage Auctions

American Digger Premiers March 21 after Premier of Auction Hunters Season 3

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Spike does it again.

Now it's going to be 4 guys digging for treasure (and I'm sure they'll find it) in their "own backyards".

It's about metal detecting (watch the sales boom for Whites and other detectors). In one still photo they show one of the guys holding up a rusty pistol recently dug up. Probably is the one used by Jesse James or maybe by his assassin !

http://www.spike.com/shows/american-digger

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Now I am really thankful we only have antenna TV.    ;D

But maybe it will draw some of the noobies away from the storage auctions.

( I know but I can dream can't I ).

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Called It!!!

http://storageauctionforums.com//index.php/topic,2077.msg12847.html#msg12847

Now if you had just bought that metal detector you saw, found the musket used by Blackbeard the pirate and contacted a production company about your idea, you could now be the YUUUUP guy of American Diggers.  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Half watching American Diggers while working on the laptop.

Tonight (May 2, 2012) they are in Tombstone, AZ looking for artifacts.

I found it amazingly honest that the lead guy says he sometimes has to knock on 50 doors before getting permission to dig on private property....and most of the places that might have coins, artifacts ARE still owned by someone, so with film crew and sometimes heavy equipment one would certainly have to ask permission.

Guy just scooted out of his tent when he disovered a snake in the tent....could tell it wasn't a rattler though. On my hikes in the Quartzite, AZ area and even in central California I've run across half a dozen or so.  They give good warning usually, though one little one I came across in a wash had his nose and half his body down a hole looking for a mouse and apparently didn't know I was there.  Pics available if anyone wants to see them.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile

Guy just scooted out of his tent when he disovered a snake in the tent....could tell it wasn't a rattler though. On my hikes in the Quartzite, AZ area and even in central California I've run across half a dozen or so.  They give good warning usually, though one little one I came across in a wash had his nose and half his body down a hole looking for a mouse and apparently didn't know I was there.  Pics available if anyone wants to see them.

the ones that don't realize you are there are the scariest, Well not as bad as the ones you don't know are there and tread on them.  :o

Would love to see the pics.

Just last month went out to tend to my mini farm wearing flip-flops (normal Florida attire). Walked to cages grabbed watter walked back grabbed the water hose looked down and a little cotton mouth crawling over the hose.   Not sure wear he was going, apparently trying to get away from me after I had walked over him.  :o. Not one of my favorite snakes, scared the crap out of me. We live in a sorta pine grove/swamp, the cotton mouths just blend into the pine on the ground.   don't think I have ever seen a rattler here. They are here just don't come across them.

BOOM - bay-behhhhhhh!!!   :D :D :D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile

Would love to see the pics.

Here are two of the same snake. This one was at the Hauser Geode Beds near Blythe, CA which is close
to Quartzite, AZ. You can see the rattles a bit in #1 and the triangular head in #2. (pics 3 and 4 follow those 2)

Pictures #3 and #4 are from Fallon, NV where I was collecting Ryolite.

In #3 the snake is headed away from me (a good thing) and his rattles show up nicely.

In #4 he has stopped retreating, is coiled and sensing the air with his tongue. We both backed off !

UGH!!! **** THAT!!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
UGH!!! **** THAT!!!

If you're talking about the snake pics, they're just a part of nature, but something to be cautious about that's for
sure and I only take pics. I never want to get one on the end of a stick or anything. To me nature is a great thing to behold and after six days a week of buying, sorting, selling I go for a hike every Sunday to get back to nature and away from boxes.  

All pics above were taken on extended trips to two separate desert areas. Most of the hiking I do is on established trails where snakes are seldom (but sometimes) seen...pics were taken in dry washes and in digging areas off the beaten path.

Edit: If you want to see some less nerve-wracking nature shots I took, check out this thread from a year ago, April, 2011.  There are 5 or 6 there including a shot toward the bottom that has..."the best of both worlds ?".  Enjoy !

http://storageauctionforums.com//index.php/topic,1036.0.html

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Nice Rattler,  Glad he decided to back off.  ;)

Enjoyed the other thread. Funny about the clouds, always here in Florida (well not in the past month) we are dry.

Going to post on the old thread a nice pic.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Here are two of the same snake. This one was at the Hauser Geode Beds near Blythe, CA which is close
to Quartzite, AZ. You can see the rattles a bit in #1 and the triangular head in #2. (pics 3 and 4 follow those 2)

Pictures #3 and #4 are from Fallon, NV where I was collecting Ryolite.

In #3 the snake is headed away from me (a good thing) and his rattles show up nicely.

In #4 he has stopped retreating, is coiled and sensing the air with his tongue. We both backed off !

Is that a Western Diamondback or another species of Rattlesnake? Had to look up Ryolite, wasn't familar with it. Thanks for the pics.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Is that a Western Diamondback or another species of Rattlesnake? Had to look up Ryolite, wasn't familar with it. Thanks for the pics.

Diamondback as far as I know. I love nature but I don't get down to the nitty-gritty of the classification or identification system. Bird watching is one thing I could never relate to but I run into "birders" sometimes...easily identified because they are usually in twos or threes and "always" have binocs around their necks. They are the ones who can tell you exactly what they are looking at !

Had the whole family (ok....not the youngest as she could care less about 'nature') trying to identify your snakes MM considering we live in the heart of rattlesnake country.

The first looks a bit like a tiger rattler because of the coloring and no black & white bands near the rattle.  But markings seem off.
The second we're thinking Mojave.  Again pattern doesn't look quite right for a western D'back (the black & white bands are a must), although most of our Mojaves have a greenish hue.
Next time could you simply roll 'em over and look at belly markings for me?!?! :D

Well I'll probably upset a few here, but we killed a small diamondback on our property last week.  It is the only one we've had within our fences.  We get tons of bull snakes (the best snake EVER!!).  Kinda funny.....we'll see rattlers on the roads around our area, but 8 years and only one on the property......unfortunately with 2 kids and one dog.....that is one too many~

I would be more than happy to send anyone a rattler or two that wants one!

We have them in abundance. Yesterday hubby wanted to sight in a new scope and if we are lazy (as we were yesterday) we just head out into the fields near the house......about a two minute drive. He drops me off to set up the target and he drives out to his 200 yard marker. I walk halfway up the bank and start to set the target and hear the rattle of several snakes.....crap, I am in shorts and flip-flops! I didn't move my feet just unholstered my pistol and shot into the brush....they skeedattled and I skeedattled. Hubby retrieved his own target on the way out!

I have killed two so far this year on our property. Sorry, but if they are in my yard...they are dead. The bulldogs may survive a bite but my chihuahua, poodle and pomX would not.

xx
Auction Hunters Season 3, March 2012

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2012, 03:02:06 PM
by MovieMan
xx
season 2 premier of Sw and ah is one now

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post November 17, 2011, 11:58:49 AM
by craiglstauction