Storage Auctions

Anyone ever go to your citys municipal vehicle auction or seized car auction?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
In my city today they are having a car auction for police dept seized vehicles as well as municipal vehicles ie the water dept pickup trucks and bobcats and things like that. Was planning on going and last minute wound up having to work this weekend so couldn't go. I always seem to miss these auctions. Just curious if any of you guys go to these types of auctions and if there's good prices and an opportunity to make money?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I've been wanting to for quite some time. I've noticed that the city of Dallas auctions off a couple hundred vehicles every month. Several months ago, I bid on a vehicle online. Big mistake. The vehicle had hail damage which wasn't visible in the lousy photos the seller posted.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
I always seem to miss these auctions.

Same here, but in my case I always seem to find out about these auctions after they've been held.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
Yeah I would most definately go in person> I think anyone who has ever shopped for a used car can attest to the fact that some stuff you see online it's like wow that looks super nice wonder why its so cheap and you show up and yeah photograph definately hid cosmetic imperfections let alone you don't know anything mechanical from pics.

Yeah I used to go to some US Marshal auctions for cars that were run by the same guy who runs many storage auctions. I always seem to miss the city ones though. I imagine big city ones are good like for you Dallas and me CHicago but I wonder if one may have better luck at smaller burbs, less people know about them maybe. THe one I wanted to attend this morning was in a suburb about 45 min from Chicago of about 150k people. I could have gone to the viewing this mornning before work and sent my girl with the money but figured I"d rather be there for the whole thing if I'm gonna drop a few thousand. Disapointed I missed it though.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
Same here, but in my case I always seem to find out about these auctions after they've been held.

Yeah thats always been my problem as well, I hear about it weeks or months after it took place so then like okay have to remember that for next year and so long in between next year always seems to pass me by. CHicago police have a great auction once a year that should be comming up soon, I'll have to look into that. ITs a bike lovers dream like 200 to 400 bicycles you have to sit through before they get to the rest of the stuff.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
it's like wow that looks super nice wonder why its so cheap and you show up and yeah photograph definitely hid cosmetic imperfections

Travis can attest to that! :D

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Travis can attest to that! :D

Ain't that the truth. But just for the record, even though it took 3 months to get title and find a buyer, :-[ I did get all of my money back.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
I did get all of my money back.

In that case, HAIL to the chief! :)

xx
Bought a vehicle through an online vehicle auction

Started by Travis

19 Replies
Last post July 28, 2014, 01:01:08 PM
by Travis
xx
How many vehicles have you bought at storage auctions/vehicle auction?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post February 18, 2013, 11:55:15 AM
by Alias300
xx
Have you bought a vehicle that required a title from a storage auction?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post April 29, 2011, 06:21:34 AM
by Travis
xx
Getting Keys for a Vehicle

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post January 17, 2013, 03:47:14 PM
by Alias300