Storage Auctions

Baggage Battles - The new auction reality show

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Baggage Battles - The new auction reality show
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
Has anyone heard about this new show called Baggage Battles on the Travel Channel? Apparantly, the show is about auctions for unclaimed baggage left at the airport.  I believe they were originally calling it Luggage Wars and decided to change the name....Perhaps there were too many other shows with wars in the title. Baggage Battles," is premiering on Wednesday, April 11th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. It looks pretty interesting and perhaps it will take the spotlight off storage auctions for a while as the treasure chasers look for their fortune elsewhere. ::)

I think this new show is going to be a great opportunity for web developers.

Hey Drew, how does BaggageAuctionForum.com sound? ;) LOL

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Baggage Battles - The new auction reality show
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »
There's a thread kicking around here somewhere talking about that show. As I recall most people at those auctions end up with lots of hairdryers and other useless junk items that are only worth nickles and dimes.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »

Hey Drew, how does BaggageAuctionForum.com sound? ;) LOL

Lol I bought lostbaggageauctions.com almost a year ago I think when a casting guy for one of these shows emailed me. I just need some sort of content. There is not much info out there about them I gave up after a few hours of research lol

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
Lol I bought lostbaggageauctions.com almost a year ago I think when a casting guy for one of these shows emailed me. I just need some sort of content. There is not much info out there about them I gave up after a few hours of research lol

That's going to be one of the top 5 domains for this niche...hang on to it. I wouldn't let it go for less than 5K if you decide to sell it.

That's hilarious, great minds think alike ;)...I bought these:

unclaimedbaggageauctions.com
suitcaseauctions.com
luggageauctions.net
luggageauctions.org
unclaimedluggageauctions.com
lostluggageauctions.com
luggage-auctions.com
luggageauctions.biz
luggageauctions.co
baggageauctions.net
baggageauctions.org

And the piece de resistance: baggageauctions.com, which I'm betting will be one of the top two domains for this niche because the name of the show is Baggage Battles.

I'm thinking about developing one of the domains, writing an e-book over the next few weeks and running a Adwords campaign for it. Who knows, it might make a few bucks when the show premieres.

Oh, and by the way...the above domains are for sale individually or as a portfolio.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
It looks like the English antique store owners (Laurence and Sally) that helped Barry on Storage Wars are going to be part of the cast of Baggage battles. Here is a link to their website: http://www.studioantiques.com/store/

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:25:57 PM »
hah I shoulda snagged them all back then!! I just bought that one cause the guy doing the casting they were calling the show simply "lost baggage" so I thought that would be a good domain

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »
hah I shoulda snagged them all back then!! I just bought that one cause the guy doing the casting they were calling the show simply "lost baggage" so I thought that would be a good domain

Your domain is excellent and it should bring a pretty penny. It will be interesting to see whether the three word domains like lostbaggageauctions.com and lostluggageauctions.com will be more popular than the two word domains like luggageauctions.com and baggageauctions.com.

Can you imagine if you had the foresight to purchase StorageAuctions.com before storage auctions went into the mainstream. StorageUnitAuctions.com was for sale for 50K the last time I checked. It's all about getting in before the developers and domainers are aware of the trend. The best domains in the baggage auction niche are being bought up fast but there are still some .com variations and a lot of .net & .org variations available that could be worth good money after Baggage Battles premieres.

I have started a mini portfolio with about 60 something domains which I think will be popular in the future. Most of my domains are related to Hybrid Calling technology. If you're unaware of what this is, I'll explain. There is a new cellular phone service called Republic Wireless that offers unlimited android phone & data plans for $19.99 a month. They route the calls over your wireless router in your home or office. When you're not at home or work, it switches over to the Sprint network. They're completely sold out right now and you have to get on a waiting list to get a phone, but I think most cellular subscribers would love to save $30-$60 a month. Check out their website: http://republicwireless.com/

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »
Never mind what I said about their still being some good .com, .net & .org names available. My OCD kicked in. I decided to go ahead and register everything that is worth a damn in this niche.

baggageauction.net
baggageauction.org
lostluggageauctions.net
lostluggageauctions.org
lostbaggageauction.com
lostbaggageauctions.net
lostbaggageauctions.org
unclaimedbaggageauctions.net
unclaimedbaggageauctions.org
unclaimedluggageauctions.net
unclaimedluggageauctions.org
baggage-auctions.com
airportauctions.net
airportauctions.org

I always loved the game monopoly. ;)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Any one of those domain names can be trumped simply by throwing a hyphen between two of the words. I would do that long before paying $50K to buy it from someone squatting on it.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »
Oh but you are missing 1!!!! ;) hah

Never mind what I said about their still being some good .com, .net & .org names available. My OCD kicked in. I decided to go ahead and register everything that is worth a damn in this niche.

baggageauction.net
baggageauction.org
lostluggageauctions.net
lostluggageauctions.org
lostbaggageauction.com
lostbaggageauctions.net
lostbaggageauctions.org
unclaimedbaggageauctions.net
unclaimedbaggageauctions.org
unclaimedluggageauctions.net
unclaimedluggageauctions.org
baggage-auctions.com
airportauctions.net
airportauctions.org

I always loved the game monopoly. ;)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »
Any one of those domain names can be trumped simply by throwing a hyphen between two of the words. I would do that long before paying $50K to buy it from someone squatting on it.

Trumped, not likely. Poorly imitated by a difficult domain to remember is more like it.

I bought all of the hyphenated .coms that were worth a damn. The bad thing about hyphenated domains is that it's harder for people to remember. Lets say you bought lost-luggage-auctions.com. People trying to remember your URL will forget that it is hyphenated and your traffic will be diverted to lostluggageauctions.com.   .Net & .Org are okay, but there are still a lot of people out there that assume all websites end in .com, and you will lose a lot of your returning traffic to the .com competitor. This is why most web developers will just pay the money to get a decent domain. I have them priced reasonably so I don't foresee any issues.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
Oh but you are missing 1!!!! ;) hah

Well, actually, I just trademarked the term lost baggage auctions and your domain is infringing on my trademark. I'll contact ICAAN in the morning to have your domain transferred into my name.  Ha Ha, just kidding.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »
It looks like the Travel channel just released a preview for Baggage Battles.
Check it out:

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
Did you notice the last couple was Barry's antique dealers on Sw?     

xx
Baggage Battles

Started by MovieMan

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2014, 07:24:54 PM
by Travis
xx
Baggage Battles...the new offensive

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post December 01, 2012, 12:00:17 PM
by Travis
xx
We have our own storage auction reality show...right here on this forum !

Started by MovieMan

27 Replies
Last post September 24, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
by Travis
xx
If you were making your own storage auction reality show....

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post August 01, 2014, 05:29:19 PM
by Cobia