Storage Auctions

How to get paid for the dump trip

How to get paid for the dump trip
« on: April 21, 2011, 05:11:50 PM »
I was fed up with the trips to the dump and the cost that coms with it.
So i sat down one day last week and came up with some ideas on how to get paid for my trash instead of paying for it.

And then it hit me, so i made a flyer and walked out in the neighbourhood. 30 min later i prepared my trip for the dump the next morning, and i smilled all the way there.

I went to the dump and threw away my storage auction trash for free and made 100 dollars profit.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: How to get paid for the dump trip
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 05:25:40 PM »
Let me guess....

You offered to take THEIR trash to the dump for a minimal fee...say $5...and you pay the total dump fee, gas and your labor...a good deal for them and if a few take you up on it then it works for you too.

I do that but IN REVERSE. While cleaning out a just purchased lkr I will PAY one of the guys with an obvious dump load anywhere from $10 to $20 to take my mattresses, particle board, etc with him. It saves me the labor, time, gas and I am only paying what I would pay at the dump anyway. Also there are several regulars who will just take a small amt of my trash for free and I do them favors from time to time too.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:12:36 PM »
You are on the right track, lol.

I did not mention any prices to them, i asked them what they was willing to pay if i took their trash with me. Some said 15 bucks, others gave me 20 bucks.

But the thing is, people throw away so much good stuff, i kept 2 items and have sold on of them today for 30 bucks. So my total profit from the dump trip is 130 bucks.

On my trip i took trash from 5 neighbors.  I have told them that i go at least twice a month, and on a busy month once a week. I am planning on another dump trip on tuesday and have 2 neigbours lined up for trash consolidation, one has offerd 10 bucks, and the other 15 bucks. And thats ok when i know my dump fee will be around 16 bucks. A couple more next week and the profit will come once more. LOL

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »
Might as well!

xx
First Trip Out Today

Started by cstore7

5 Replies
Last post August 07, 2013, 01:51:44 PM
by greywar
xx
When I said we're only making one trip, I meant it!

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post June 16, 2015, 03:55:16 PM
by Travis
xx
Dump run sells for $450

Started by lordbp

1 Replies
Last post March 22, 2011, 10:27:50 AM
by Ironman
xx
Getting the most out of your dump runs