Storage Auctions

Rain Rain Go Away

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Rain Rain Go Away
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »
Over 24 hrs of a constant rain. Actually saw the sun for about an hour this morning. Enough time to feed and weatherize the animals.

Need the rain but sure do wish this early storm would move !!!!! has not moved in 24 hrs. just setting in the Gulf.  ::)

Oh the rain is starting again.  Oh goody.

We are safe hoping we weather this one well.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Rain Rain Go Away
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
Is Debbie still doing Dallas? ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
Is Debbie still doing Dallas? ;)

Ever since the 80's, but aren't you thinking of another thread ?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
You guy's.... ;D

Now it looks like Debby is doing Florida future cast shows the eye traveling about 20 30 miles North of us.  ::)

Took pictures of the swamp a few weeks back before the first storm. We got some rain filled up a little but dried out again before this one. When it is all over will post the before and after pictures of the swamp.  :D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:35:49 PM »
Ever since the 80's, but aren't you thinking of another thread ?

No...I was thinking of this thread by playing on a reference to storm Debbie down in the Gulf right now.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:38:42 AM »
Of here are the picks of the swamp.

This before.

This after. It is still rising., but flowing back into the swamp so we are still high and dry.

Hope we don't get another storm anytime soon. We want be so dry.  And the snakes are out. Was working over at the shop were the grass is really thick, only saw the tail end of the business when it cam up out of the grass and over the garbage I was picking up.  I could not see him and he must have not seen me until I got to close.  :o

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »

What kind of snakes do you have round there?

You have all the cool stuff.   Only thing you stumble across around here is cute fuzzies like rabbits and deer.  Go east 50 miles or so and you get to where rattlesnakes can just survive.
Found a scorpion once when rock climbing. That was cool. 

But I want alligators and things in my back yard!

Can I come live with you?    I don't eat much and promise not to kill you. 

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »
Well the list for snakes is long... Cotton mouth, Diamond back, Pygmy rattler, Coral just to name a few.

On the  nonpoisonous to many to list. Except the worst invader of the everglades the beloved (NOT) Burmese Python. Still waiting on those to be outlawed as pets. They can eat a goat, alligators, and small children. 

I grew up with snakes so not a real big thing to me except on the poisonous ones. My dad would catch cotton mouth and moccasins every year when we lived in NC.  Kept them in 10 gal fish tanks. He never taught me how to catch the poisonous ones. I was too young.  Not that I would really want too. We lived on a camp and he would go out before the campers came and catch the ones to close to the camp, not sure what he did with them after the summer was over.

We have all kind of fuzzes, and non fuzzes, armadillos, opossums, had otters a few years back in the swamp. 

I have found one scorpion in the change return on a pay phone.. That hurt. They are small down here.

The pictures of the Eagles on other thread were in the back yard too.  :P

Can I come live with you?    I don't eat much and promise not to kill you. 

Sure come on down not too worried about you killing me. Husband was bitten by an alligator and we ate him for dinner.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »

Sure come on down not too worried about you killing me. Husband was bitten by an alligator and we ate him for dinner.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And this my friend (in red above) is what English teachers call an "indefinite pronoun reference" and everyone calls.....funny !  ;D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 04:33:45 AM »
And this my friend (in red above) is what English teachers call an "indefinite pronoun reference" and everyone calls.....funny !  ;D

New I should have put it. LOL

So that is what my teacher was trying to teach me. Feel for the teacher.  :o

Math was my game.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
New I should have put it. LOL

And I gnu you would enjoy it !

xx
No Rain and no Locker

Started by money4nothing