Storage Auctions

Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions

Offline Travis

  • *****
  • 5484
  • Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
Last time I checked, the petitions for the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America had reached 65,000 and it's still climbing. Over 30 other states have filed similar petitions. Here is the link if you want to see if your state is involved.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
It's just silly. 41% of Texas voted for Obama. Of the remaining 59% that voted for Romney, I would wager 49% of these people would think secession is really stupid. These petitions are nothing more than sour grapes from the part of the Republican party that the Republican party wished didn't exist, other than the fact that this base is pretty  much the only reason they sometimes win.

Offline Travis

  • *****
  • 5484
  • Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:12 AM »
Since the white house has to respond to this, I wonder what they are going to say.

I also wonder how far this could actually go. Will Texas vote on this? What is the next step?

Offline Cobia

  • ******
  • 1144
    • View Profile
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »
Since the white house has to respond to this, I wonder what they are going to say.

I also wonder how far this could actually go. Will Texas vote on this? What is the next step?

Much ado about nothing...

Offline Cobia

  • ******
  • 1144
    • View Profile
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:17:14 PM »
Whats really funny is the petitions from the "blue" states! I think I saw Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey & California with petitions! LOL!

This keeps up we will end up with 50 individual countries! I'm gonna need a thicker passport for all those stamps! LOL!

Offline Travis

  • *****
  • 5484
  • Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »
Well, Texas has a good argument. It has the 14th largest economy in the world and a balanced budget. Why should it's citizens be forced to continue paying for mismanagement in Washington?

Signatures have now reached 94,760 and climbing.

Offline Leota

  • ***
  • 130
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »
Well, Texas has a good argument. It has the 14th largest economy in the world and a balanced budget. Why should it's citizens be forced to continue paying for mismanagement in Washington?

Signatures have now reached 94,760 and climbing.

Gov. Perry mentioned this a few years back too. He wanted to start his own Country didn't he?  :o

Offline Travis

  • *****
  • 5484
  • Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »
Gov. Perry mentioned this a few years back too. He wanted to start his own Country didn't he?  :o

I don't know, but he released a statement today saying that he didn't approve of it but I found this video from three years ago where it seems like he's all for it.
He would be our new president if he could have just spoken as well as he did in the video while he was campaigning. :D

Here is a recent comment from Ron Paul.
feature=player_embedded

Offline MovieMan

  • *******
  • 4175
    • View Profile
Re: Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 09:02:20 AM »




Attribution:

Pat Bagley, Salt Lake Tribune


xx
Illinois / Indiana Residents Swap O Rama In Alsip Cheap Way To Start Your Own st

Started by rulesforrebels

0 Replies
1572 Views
Last post February 07, 2013, 02:29:20 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
2 States Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use!

Started by Travis

33 Replies
7498 Views
Last post November 16, 2012, 07:57:11 PM
by the teacher
xx
Top Ten States by Number of Storage Facilities

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
1896 Views
Last post December 01, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Any states that cut the ORIGINAL lock in front of you?

Started by ARKDEAN

10 Replies
3298 Views
Last post December 22, 2011, 01:26:37 PM
by bwd111