Storage Auctions

Wake up !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Wake up !
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »
No one has posted anything on the forum for the last 18 hours or so, so I thought a 30 second lesson in how not to drive a car was in order. 

There is an annoying sound for about 20 seconds of the 30 second video, but watch it all the way to the end, and I can almost guarantee you will replay it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201569190206193&set=vb.1070781766&type=2&theater

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Wake up !
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
Do you think the guy in the semi was okay?   ;D

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 07:09:19 PM »
That's why I live on the Central Coast of California. No very often we see the white stuff. People drive way to fast in conditions like that. My life is worth much more than the few extra minutes that you save going to fast in bad weather.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
That's why I live on the Central Coast of California. No very often we see the white stuff. People drive way to fast in conditions like that. My life is worth much more than the few extra minutes that you save going to fast in bad weather.

I agree, California roads are much safer. Besides, you probably wouldn't be injured if you got T-boned by a Prius.   ;)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
No very often we see the white stuff. People drive way to fast in conditions like that.

That's because we know how to! :P

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
No very often we see the white stuff.

I thought the white stuff came from Southern California.    ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 01:52:55 AM »
I thought the white stuff came from Southern California.    ;D

Wrong kind of snow Travis.......... ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »
I've seen this video posted on facebook at different times over the past 2 years and the way the van disintigrated made it seem really fake to me, so I loooked it up on Snopes. Apparently it is real and in Russia and I guess they don't regulate and require the same safety standards we do here in the states. I would have given that vehicle a crash test rasting of 0. I saw the remains of an accident similar between a car and a semi, it wasn't on icy roads, it was on a curve on a windy mountain road near a river. Apparently driver lost control went to the other side and was T-boned by the Semi. of course the guy died but the car was mostly still intact though nearly flat as a pancake with lots of debri laying around. But it obviously did not disintigrate like that van. Anyway, crazy video though to warn against the dangers of snowy icy roads. I've driven on roads like that and wors and I can't tell you how many people think they are in either invincible or that they are Jason Statham behind the wheel.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
Travis I can see the confusion as I have always heard it called blow. Rhymes with snow but really would not like to see that all over the road. It is crazy enough when a produce truck turns over. All of the loons would come out of the woodwork.  :D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 10:53:24 PM »
Travis I can see the confusion as I have always heard it called blow. Rhymes with snow but really would not like to see that all over the road. It is crazy enough when a produce truck turns over. All of the loons would come out of the woodwork.  :D

I was being facetious.   ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »
wow, that scared me...