Storage Auctions

What do you think about the Zimmerman Trial?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
What do you think about the Zimmerman Trial?
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »
I have been watching bit's and pieces of the Zimmerman trial.

The prosecutor's opening argument was good.

I really haven't made up my mind either way...need to hear more before I have an opinion.

What do you all think about Zimmerman and the trial?

Re: What do you think about the Zimmerman Trial?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »
The fact that there is a trial is retarded. The man is only being tried for 2nd degree because there is no dispute that he was being attacked when he fired. It's on the 911 tape. If you can't fire on someone who is literally in the process of attacking you, why even pretend to have the right to defend yourself? The media just want's to attack this guy and their whole argument is that he was profiling. Well, he lived in a gated community and knew damn well who did and did not belong there. If the kid was the same color as him we wouldn't even be talking about it.

I think the part of it I find the most disgusting is that in my state, Illinois, a first degree murder only gets a minimum of 6 years in jail, 5 years for a second degree. *vomits with disgust* This guy is in Florida and faces a minimum of 25 years and he was at least somewhat justified.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
Yeah, I don't think Zimmerman was going out looking for a fight. All the pundits said today that the prosecution was trying to get in his 911 calls throughout the previous 6 or so months to develop a pattern of civility and now all of a sudden he's a vigilante. If I were the defense, I'd gladly accept those calls as evidence that the police didn't do their job, so on this night, Zim felt like he had to follow the kid all the way till the end until the cops showed up. Martin turns around and instigates a fight, the gun goes off.

It's a story of lazy police work to arrest someone who had broken into neighboring houses, frustrated citizens, mistaken identity (Martin didn't break into houses in my opinion), and an unfortunate accident.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
It's a story of lazy police work to arrest someone who had broken into neighboring houses, frustrated citizens, mistaken identity (Martin didn't break into houses in my opinion), and an unfortunate accident.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:49:11 PM »
I've been watching the trial a lot because I can't go out, developed a staph infection.. The media is hyping up this black "teenager" who is 19 years old, technically still a teen, but really an adult. I really feel sorry for this girl. She is obviously mentally substandard and unable to speak legibly or logically. She mumbles, has an attitude like SHE'S the one on trial. Terrible witness that's being lauded by the media.

If this "star witness" is the best that the prosecution has, they have a long road ahead.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »
What frustrates me about the aftermath is that everybody is still looking for justice. The justice system did as it was supposed to do, gave the defendant a fair trial and the verdict was the result. Everybody wants to put Trayvon on trial. We don't put victims on trials. The jury is not made up of the victim's peers, it's of the defendant. I think the victory in this for the Martin family is that they have sparked a national discussion on the unfairness in the legal system toward African Americans. There is obvious unfairness, but this situation wasn't related to that. The Martin family can certainly take advantage and make Trayvon the martyr for that cause.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »
What I'd like to know is how come the Stand Your Ground Law is be attacked in the aftermath of all this "in he name of Trayvon" when SYG was never an aspect of the case?

If anything it helped Trayvon and hurt Zimmerman since Trayvon didnt have an obligation to flee.....which in hindsight he probably shoulda used thoe few minutes to walk home instead of waiting for Zimmerman...but ya know, 20/20.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
Today a friend of mine who lives in Florida was approached by a black guy in the street who used his hand in the shape of a gun, put it to my friend's face and said "bang your dead, justice for Trayvon"... To which my friend responded by following him while on the phone with police, the guy was eventually questioned by police and my friend left the scene. As he was following this guy, my friend shouted, "This is what happens when you act suspiciously!"

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »
I find it funny the position the ACLU is in now.

They jumped on the band wagon and pushed for the Feds to indict Zimmerman federally.

But.....then they sort of got reminded that they have fought for 20yrs against people being charged federally when they've been found not guilty on a state level, even if the Feds change the charge for the same crime.

Whoops.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
My take on it-am I sure zimmerman was in fear for his life?  Dunno.  And that my friends is reasonable doubt.  Better to find a guilty man innocent then to send a innocent man to jail.

xx
Zimmerman is a free man...well sort of

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post July 23, 2013, 05:59:35 PM
by greywar
xx
George Zimmerman to fight rapper DMX

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post March 16, 2014, 09:22:40 AM
by Charli