Storage Auctions

What does your name mean?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »

I Googled "what does my name mean" and the first search result was:

kabalarians.com/cfm/what-does-my-name-mean.cfm

I thought I would get an answer like "From the English surname Travis (a variant of TRAVERS). It was used in America in honour of William Travis (1809-1836), the commander of the Texan forces at the Battle of the Alamo" or "From an English and French place name that described a person who lived near a bridge or ford, or occasionally as an occupational name for the collector of tolls at such a location."

Instead, the answer read more like a horoscope:

The first name of Travis creates a shrewd, aggressive, business nature, intent on personal gain.

The desires for independence and financial success have been strong motivating forces from early in your life.

You are capable of logical and analytical thinking along practical business lines, and could excel in financial fields, law, or politics.

Your judgment is seldom swayed through your feelings.

You have definite executive and leadership abilities, however others may find you to be rather forceful and uncompromising.

More congenial business and personal relationships would result from being more tactful and more aware of the needs of others.

If you sacrifice too much for material ambition, there may result a lack of harmony and balance in your personal life.

Your health could suffer through ailments centring in the head.

Also, the generative organs could be affected.

This is eerily accurate. Except for the last sentence.  ;)

So what does your name mean?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: What does your name mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »
I got: "Sorry, but the name of: alloro is not yet part of our database."

BTW, why did you put the redirect message back in?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
I got: "Sorry, but the name of: alloro is not yet part of our database."

Use your real name goofball.

BTW, why did you put the redirect message back in?

It lowered the site's bounce rate by 28% and since bounce rate is a Google ranking factor, I had to reactivate it.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »
Use your real name goofball.

I'm not sure how that would make a difference since goofball isn't my real name.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »
My name is a variant of Janet, which is a diminutive of Jane. The meaning and history behind Jane is:

Medieval English form of Jehanne, an Old French feminine form of Iohannes (see JOHN). This became the most common feminine form of John in the 17th century, surpassing Joan. Famous bearers include the uncrowned English queen Lady Jane Grey (1536-1554), who ruled for only 9 days, the British novelist Jane Austen (1775-1817), who wrote 'Sense and Sensibility' and 'Pride and Prejudice', and the British primatologist Jane Goodall (1934-). This was also the name of the central character in Charlotte Bronte's novel 'Jane Eyre' (1847).

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
Your last name must be Wikipedia.   ;)

JasonAK

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
Here is mine:

The name of Jason has given you sensitivity and appreciation for the finer and deeper things in life.

You can enjoy reading, study, and contemplation about many different subjects.

When your interests or curiosity are aroused, you work intensely at new undertakings, but your interests often wane when you encounter drudgery and monotony, with the result that you leave many things unfinished.

Your name has taken you into many bitter experiences.

The greatest lack in your life is stability and peace of mind.

A peaceful and quiet environment, especially out in nature, is one of your greatest desires, but you are constantly taken into chaotic conditions.

Because you have high ideals and are a principled person, you have been disillusioned and disappointed in people on many occasions and have experienced much aloneness.

You are fond of outdoor sports, where you can find an outlet for your nervous energy.

Impulsiveness could bring frequent accidents and unfortunate happenings into your life.

You do not like to be restricted or to have your freedom curtailed in any way.

You find it difficult to control your thoughts and could swing in moods from one extreme to the other.

Your speech can become very critical and sarcastic when you are frustrated or crossed.

This name creates a weakness in the heart, lungs, and bronchial organs, and could cause heart trouble, pneumonia, asthma, or tuberculosis.

It also creates tension in the nervous system, particularly the solar plexus and stomach, causing nervous indigestion and relative conditions.