Storage Auctions

1ST ATV!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
1ST ATV!
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
WooHoo, well got my first ATV or motorcycle out of a storage unit!

Artic Cat 150, looks brand new! Looks like it has NEVER seen dirt! Engine cranks like a charm!

I'll post pictures after it sells, if I can keep it from my son and sell it that is!  :)

Re: 1ST ATV!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
Cool, good find...

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
Did you get the title with it?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »
Could you see the ATV while you were bidding or was it a surprise find?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »
Did you get the title with it?

Good point though some states don't require them for this type of vehicle.  When I got the Honda I got a few years ago it took me 11 months to get clear title. Honda finance had an interest in it even though they had closed the book some years ago as uncollectible.  It was a real catch 22 between the DMV and Honda. Finally got a California Honda exec in on it and had the clearance to go ahead by FedEx the next day.

It's a thrill to get them..that's for sure.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »
I'm not positive about this but I think ATVs made after 2004 require a title to sell....unless the buyer is putting it on a ranch and doesn't care.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:21:41 AM »
Alloro,

Yea I got a title "Like New, Never Used Artic Cat 150 ATV, You Won't Find One Like This Cheaper Anywhere!"  :D :D

As if there is any question as to who is the funniest member of the forum...

Seriously, No Title but I don't think it will be a problem in my part of the country. I don't think off-road vehicles are licensed & registered here, & I live near the border 3 other states so I am sure I can find a buyer who doesn't need a title.

Travis,

Yea it was in plain view, the only thing of great value in the unit. There were some helmets and some miscellaneous boxes that was it.

I got lucky cause it was a poorly advertised sale so only about 15 people showed up. It was also the last unit of the auction and the other regular buyer that was there had already won 2 units and might have been short on cash.

I still paid a premium (over $1000) but I should double my money.

Had it been one of those AuctionZip Saturday auctions, the unit would have gone for full retail value of the ATV.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
Seriously, No Title but I don't think it will be a problem in my part of the country.

Well that's good, it makes things so much easier when you don't need a title. But for anyone that runs across this issue, if you don't have a title you can usually apply for one at the registry. The other option is to part out the vehicle instead of selling it whole.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »
Gratz Cobia to you.  If I had won that unit I would still be the owner of the ATV.  No way my kids would let me sell it with all the mud, humps, trails, etc. that are on my property and the huge ATV track not 15 miles away.